You know you are getting old when……

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you drop something. When you are young, you bend over and pick it up. When you are old, you look at it and wonder "How bad do I need that?"

1702219664405.png

When you hurt yourself sleeping in one position too long. And when your young adult and teenager say things like “let me do that, you might hurt yourself”. The worst one is how you used to be able to hang out with folks into the night, but now you’re hunting for the door by 7 pm because you tend to end up in bed by 8!

When your kids are studying something in History class that you lived through. You think, wait a minute. That's not history. That's current events.

One winter I was staying at a hotel in spokane wa. Every evening after dinner I’d sit for a while in the hot tub beside the indoor pool.

One evening I was in the hot tub. What I didn’t know… during the day the wa state highschool girls basketball tournament had begun and most of the girls were staying at my hotel. Here I am enjoying the solitude, relaxing in the tub… In less than 5 min 40+ teenage girls showed up in bikinis. Some joined me, some doing laps in the pool.

My first thought was ‘girls put some clothes on!’ At that moment I realized I was no longer a young man. They looked like children! I made a sad retreat to my room knowing my youth was gone at age 35. :(

Last edited:
I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Madison WI.
They warned me they had 500 DECA kids staying there.
I had no idea what DECA was.
It looked like a hooker convention.
How little those high school girls wore was startling.
I spent the evening in the bar because it was empty.
I felt really old.
When people offer to do things for you in public that you have no problem doing for yourself.
I have that happen. I bought a sheet of plywood and 4 guys came over and loaded it in my truck.
Same thing happened with bags of potting soil.
I still have to unload it myself when I get home.
You get the senior discount without asking.
You park in the handicapped space and everyone just assumes you park there because you're old.

Last edited:
The scariest thing that ever happened to me was when a young gentleman came up to me in the airport and asked to help me with my luggage. I knew that if this good man viewed me as weak that the bad guys would also and might view me as an easy target.

When you hurt yourself sleeping in one position too long. And when your young adult and teenager say things like “let me do that, you might hurt yourself”. The worst one is how you used to be able to hang out with folks into the night, but now you’re hunting for the door by 7 pm because you tend to end up in bed by 8!
Hi and welcome! Please go to new member introductions and tell us a little about yourself!!🙂

I am just happy that I still need to ask for my senior discount.

I am just happy that I still need to ask for my senior discount.
Lucky guy!
I remember when this happened: went into KFC and ordered a bunch of stuff to go. The girl rang it up and is was less than it should have been (I do simple math very fast in my head). Told her she must have made a mistake and she replied: "That's with your senior discount :D)
I wasn't even 60 then!gaah
...I think she caught a glimpse of my odometer that said: 'high-miles' :mad:.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back