Your "BANNED" from the Group......OMG - Now'What...???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The CEO better bring a lot of "Body bags"..........my nearest neighbor has his own private army.........(Yes, it is totally legal to have your own private army in America).

About 10 years ago we had a Nam vet here who was getting up his own private army, but he passed away a couple years ago and so they decided to stay put out west someplace. Of course this is a bad place to begin with far as location imo. Too many bases near by.
We see heli's, planes and jets doing manuveors here all the time. And they have increased this year and flying lower than usual. Not good news, imo.

This neighbor is a military supply contractor. He say's it is NOT a private army, it is his corporate security division.

Whats your take on Russia ?

I am not sure what you are asking.........but, America has maneuvered it's self into a very foolish position on the international chessboard. On January 17, 1961 the most profound prophesy in American history was made public. It came true, and we are self-checkmated.

Last edited:
I am not sure what you are asking.........but, America has maneuvered it's self into a very foolish position on the international chessboard. On January 17, 1961 the most profound prophesy in American history was made public. It came true, and we are self-checkmated.

I agree. Did you read the link I put up in Political Forum here 'Russia and China '? One of the best opinions on it yet,imo.

My guess is some of the current business leaders/CEOs would be successful leaders post-shtf.

They don't have to be survival experts, they just have to identify/recruit experts and inspire people to follow them by building the belief that "we will succeed despite all obstacles".

Managing and persuading strong personalities to cooperate with each other is a different skill set than hunting/foraging/defending, but both are equally necessary to run a successful group.

There is one former desk jockey corporate type I wouldn't mind following after SHTF. He is a high school drop out but earned his GED when he was 19 to go to college which he paid for 100% on his own when the military refused his enlistment for medical reasons. He played sports in middle school and high school and not just the standard "football". When in college he learned to hunt to help put food on the table for himself and his young bride. Worked all kinds of jobs kids today don't even know exist let alone would even consider having. (Think 'Dirty Jobs') Even today after retirement he climbs on his own roof to fix leaks and sliding shingles. Does his own post hole digging and still cycles 50-100 miles a day.

Gotta love leaders who worked for what they have and didn't have it handed to them.

I have been banned from several forums because they don't like my straight talking and telling it how it is or will be.
i'm a moderator on the other forum so it shouldn't happen there.
I was site manager on another site but still got banned so maybe I shouldn't assume anything??

Some people may know better, or may not, but what they may communicate is something that is not a suggestion for something that would work better. They are more narcissistic, think they know best, and that everyone else is beneath them, so what they are well rehearsed at is insults, put-downs. What is communicated is put downs to others. "I am the smartest person here" or "I know best", may not be the actual words used, but that is the idea and real usable suggestions are not communicated, just complaining and put downs. Combine that with a fatalistic and negative view of how no one else gets it, and pretty soon, you have a situation where who in the heck wants to be around THAT? NO ONE!

"No one else gets it" or "I am the victim in this" only works for a little bit. Then watch everyone walk away, or eventually the leaders will ban this, not because the person may know better (or not), but because of the attitude, the delivery, the belief that no one else knows anything. Anyone who has ever been banned from a group needs to look in the mirror and accept that the problem is you, not them and what could you have done differently? You may know better (or not), but you are not going to get that communicated with insults. Unable to own up to your mistake in any of it? That compounds the problem and perpetuates it.

I often heard colleagues complain in the teacher's lounge about this decision or that decision, or how things were handled, but in the midst of it, rarely was a suggestion offered. It is all counter-productive. It only serves the person who is delivering the message and maybe that is part of the point of it. Don't shoot the messenger? Then they need to say or do something positive and productive.

I knew someone who would make statements, like "Don't go that way." "Why not?" No positive response, just something like, "Because I said so." That only serves the person who is trying to give orders.

Narcissism is virtually an incurable psychological disorder, and there are plenty of narcissists out there. If a person cannot figure out how to be humble enough to consider that someone else may have valuable ideas, then it is a matter of time before no one wants to be around them. Rather than blanket statements, then when specific pieces are being addressed, address the points. Don't use a broad brush to try to wipe the positive ideas away. It serves everyone better, and THAT is what groups like this serve. Pontificating doesn't work.

Know any sex offenders? Anyone here a registered sex offender? A sex offender usually has narcissism. They feel entitled so they can take what they want, when and how they want it, with no consideration for others and spew insults like crazy. They completely lack empathy, a characteristic of narcissists. They are threatened by others who might show up better and are more accepted. And everything is about them, even when it isn't, in their view. And when it isn't they steer it to themselves and how they did this or that.

Some people may know better, or may not, but what they may communicate is something that is not a suggestion for something that would work better. They are more narcissistic, think they know best, and that everyone else is beneath them, so what they are well rehearsed at is insults, put-downs. What is communicated is put downs to others. "I am the smartest person here" or "I know best", may not be the actual words used, but that is the idea and real usable suggestions are not communicated, just complaining and put downs. Combine that with a fatalistic and negative view of how no one else gets it, and pretty soon, you have a situation where who in the heck wants to be around THAT? NO ONE!

"No one else gets it" or "I am the victim in this" only works for a little bit. Then watch everyone walk away, or eventually the leaders will ban this, not because the person may know better (or not), but because of the attitude, the delivery, the belief that no one else knows anything. Anyone who has ever been banned from a group needs to look in the mirror and accept that the problem is you, not them and what could you have done differently? You may know better (or not), but you are not going to get that communicated with insults. Unable to own up to your mistake in any of it? That compounds the problem and perpetuates it.

I often heard colleagues complain in the teacher's lounge about this decision or that decision, or how things were handled, but in the midst of it, rarely was a suggestion offered. It is all counter-productive. It only serves the person who is delivering the message and maybe that is part of the point of it. Don't shoot the messenger? Then they need to say or do something positive and productive.

I knew someone who would make statements, like "Don't go that way." "Why not?" No positive response, just something like, "Because I said so." That only serves the person who is trying to give orders.

Narcissism is virtually an incurable psychological disorder, and there are plenty of narcissists out there. If a person cannot figure out how to be humble enough to consider that someone else may have valuable ideas, then it is a matter of time before no one wants to be around them. Rather than blanket statements, then when specific pieces are being addressed, address the points. Don't use a broad brush to try to wipe the positive ideas away. It serves everyone better, and THAT is what groups like this serve. Pontificating doesn't work.

Know any sex offenders? Anyone here a registered sex offender? A sex offender usually has narcissism. They feel entitled so they can take what they want, when and how they want it, with no consideration for others and spew insults like crazy. They completely lack empathy, a characteristic of narcissists. They are threatened by others who might show up better and are more accepted. And everything is about them, even when it isn't, in their view. And when it isn't they steer it to themselves and how they did this or that.

Well said and quoted so everyone can read it a second time and let it really sink in.

Not meant to injure anyone's sensibilities but people don't get to leave a group. Every person in your group has intimate knowledge of your stocks, defenses and routines. If they are allowed to leave they pose a life-threatening risk to the survival of the group. You can't just let them go. You can't jail them or place them under "house arrest" so that leaves just one option. You have to be ready to eliminate any threat including anyone who wants to leave.

Not meant to injure anyone's sensibilities but people don't get to leave a group. Every person in your group has intimate knowledge of your stocks, defenses and routines. If they are allowed to leave they pose a life-threatening risk to the survival of the group. You can't just let them go. You can't jail them or place them under "house arrest" so that leaves just one option. You have to be ready to eliminate any threat including anyone who wants to leave.

But........But......But that is not "NICE", what you said makes me feel bad, you should not say things that make me feel sad and despondent.

On the other hand I love it when people skip the "you have to talk nice to me, B.S." and just say the truth. (I like your post)

I have been banned from several forums because they don't like my straight talking and telling it how it is or will be.
i'm a moderator on the other forum so it shouldn't happen there.
I was site manager on another site but still got banned so maybe I shouldn't assume anything??
Your site is on notice that it could disappear at any point without notification. That is really too bad because you have assembled an excellent group. You and others have moved over here and that is a good mix. There are two members there that could be problematic. One attacks a specific member and the other cuts down peoples ideas rather than just putting his own out there. The second one also puts out great content when he isn't cutting someone off at the knees. You brought it up or I wouldn't have mentioned it. Your group would be a good fit here and really be a bonus to this site.

I never learned from anyone that agreed with me, I already knew that. I too have strong opinions and I want to hear different ones. Getting a string of different ways to do something is great because there may be different ways to do something well.

I was banned from a forum for asking who the draconian mod with the napolean complex was that banned another member.

The reason given was that I was toxic...lol
A 'forum' is an environment. You were toxic to that environment. I hang around on Facebook. The forums I join are those I fit in, but much of Facebook is 'open ground'. Bernie the Crusader supposedly represents me in the US Senate, so I feel obligated to offer him my views. They seem to be somewhat toxic in that page's environment. Ah well, such is life.

But........But......But that is not "NICE", what you said makes me feel bad, you should not say things that make me feel sad and despondent.

On the other hand I love it when people skip the "you have to talk nice to me, B.S." and just say the truth. (I like your post)
A 'survival group' in the wild has as obligations both from and to its members that resemble those of one living multi-celled organism.

forums belong to the person who runs it. They get to set the rules as long as the hosting environment allows.
As far as forums go, I feel I am a guest in someones home. Being honest and polite goes a long way in being a good guest.
Here, Angie controls her space and we are invited to participate. If she thinks that I am toxic to her space I expect to be told about it and if I remain toxic then she should eliminate me from the forum.
It makes sense because if she loses control of the toxicity then the host will close down her forum and then everyone is out in the cold.

I only join the forums that I feel are secure, learning and teaching forums that allow diverse positions on a group of topics. I know that I can come across as authoritarian or belligerent at times but I try to offer a position with reasons to back it up. I am the first to admit that the way I consider correct is not the only way. There always at least four ways to get anything accomplished; The right way, my way, your way and the wrong way. If it works for you, and the responsibility is acceptable to you then it must be a good way. If it doesn't work then it is the wrong way - for you. It might work fine for someone else and if I step up and say they are wrong (after it works for them) then I am either ignorant, or so set in my own biases (and I have a few) that I can't learn (I'm stupid). I would rather be ignorant and taught so my mind expands than stupid and forever locked in that space. Ignorance is cured by learning while stupid can't learn and is only cured by death.
I was kicked off one forum and the only reason I ever got was "trolling". I know what trolling is and I still to this day do not understand how I was trolling. It doesn't matter because I obviously did not fit in that forum. Other than that I have always left forums as they grew away from my needs or my needs changed and I had to find another.
I rarely form close relationships on forums but I have here - that is a little strange, for me. I respect many here and like even more people. Angie has been more than fair with all of us and tolerance seems high even among the members.
OK, I have said too much about me and the way I perceive live so I will fade back into the background for a while. :oops:

Your site is on notice that it could disappear at any point without notification. That is really too bad because you have assembled an excellent group. You and others have moved over here and that is a good mix. There are two members there that could be problematic. One attacks a specific member and the other cuts down peoples ideas rather than just putting his own out there. The second one also puts out great content when he isn't cutting someone off at the knees. You brought it up or I wouldn't have mentioned it. Your group would be a good fit here and really be a bonus to this site.

I never learned from anyone that agreed with me, I already knew that. I too have strong opinions and I want to hear different ones. Getting a string of different ways to do something is great because there may be different ways to do something well.

I went to the group at the suggestion of a member here. I like this group, but I like the extended information in that other group. It is more about preparedness and survivalism.

When it was announced there that the administrator there was MIA, I searched to see if there was a sponsoring organization. I have yet to find one. There is some great content there. It seems to be a great community, but I am so new that I have not observed all the nuances of personalities there yet. I do find the layout of the site a little challenging for me. I have much content to read through yet.

I agree, Caribou, if that forum folds, this would be a great place for them to come. I think it would be a great merge of ideas and potential content. I have shared the link to this forum there, but maybe others can encourage them to come this way as well.

Since lonewolf has become active here, there are posts that I had never seen before, or maybe just passed by because of the topics that he has commented on that brings them back up and I am seeing them for the first time, in spite of them being more than a year old. This thread is one of them.

This issue of vanished forum Owners/Administrators started with "The Survival Magazine Forum" Owner/Administrator vanished over a year ago. We knew him as Diesel, he prepaid the forums server for a year in advance, then he vanished. Most went over to "My Survival Forum", and shortly discovered the Owner/Administrator had prepaid the host server co, four years into the future then he vanished. All very strange.

I, too, like the other group (https://mysurvivalforum.com/) as well. Mainly because of the international membership there which helps me to keep a finger on a more realistic "pulse of the world" than our media would like us to have. I have been a member there for the past six months and have enjoyed it immensely.

I also appreciate the two mods there who do an incredible job of running the site even in spite of the owner being MIA. Lonewolf from the UK (who recently signed up here) and Keith from Australia. One or both are almost always on there 24/7. Even when I am working late into the wee hours of the night/morning...there they are! I will probably end up following one of them forever...Keith is from Australia and is an overflowing fountain of information about old-time skills. He has taught many in Australia, and by extension, the world through the forum he moderates (and his own forum http://neclhg.freeforums.net/ and website/blog: http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/).

Last edited:
This issue of vanished forum Owners/Administrators started with "The Survival Magazine Forum" Owner/Administrator vanished over a year ago. We knew him as Diesel, he prepaid the forums server for a year in advance, then he vanished. Most went over to "My Survival Forum", and shortly discovered the Owner/Administrator had prepaid the host server co, four years into the future then he vanished. All very strange.

By now, we are feeling much like shipwrecked survivors...watersoaked and wary of shark-infested waters, but hey... we picked up some quality friends along the way from both ships. 'taint dat right, Virgin?

True.........But we invested a tremendous amount of "Solid Boots in the Field" knowledge into them, especially Survival Magazine Forum. And it could and likely will vanish at the flip of a switch, maybe any day now. There is everyday less and less internet interest in "Hardcore Survival" information discussion. Then factor in that there is so much bad information being regurgitated over and over and over, till it is accepted as valid.

There is a small number who are interested in what I would call "Advanced Survival Studies". It was great to find the international people and their unique and valuable skills at "My Survival Forum". But it is all disheartening knowing that the massive inventory of knowledge stored on both forums could vanish...........and there is zero we can do to prevent the material from vanishing. Zero.

Last edited:
True.........But we invested a tremendous amount of "Solid Boots in the Field" knowledge into them, especially Survival Magazine Forum. And it could and likely will vanish at the flip of a switch, maybe any day now. There is everyday less and less internet interest in "Hardcore Survival" information discussion. Then factor in that there is so much bad information being regurgitated over and over and over, till it is accepted as valid.

There is a small number who are interested in what I would call "Advanced Survival Studies". It was great to find the international people and their unique and valuable skills at "My Survival Forum". But it is all disheartening knowing that the massive inventory of knowledge stored on both forums could vanish...........and there is zero we can do to prevent the material from vanishing. Zero.

^^^ THIS 100%!!!!!!!!

One day, access to the entire internet could be instantly GONE. Either by EMP, malicious activity by hackers or by government force. As it is happening in China, Russia, North Korea, and other lands, I feel that it will not be a stretch of the imagination to experience a serious throttling of information in our own country.

I am treasuring every free moment that I have the privilege of enjoying on the internet.

Facebook groups are attempting to pick up the torch of survival information but for the most part, it is a mess. LOTS of crazy misinformation, and even crazier members keeps me at bay. There is one good Facebook group of medical professionals that I follow because they are 100% focused on survival/SHTF medicine, and I have not detected any glaring bits of misinformation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back