Your input, please?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzleyette___Adams

Hermit on the mountain
Neighbor
I would love to have your input on a project that I have been working on.

Eventually, I will be selling a few ebooks through Amazon.com. I also want to list free content there as well.

Until then, I may try using a different publishing platform for sharing my free digital publications: https://www.flipsnack.com/

The freebie trial version allows me to publish up to three short digital publications that can be shared via link, email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Before I sign up for the paid version, I want to be sure that this publishing platform is easy for readers to use and that it is a flawlessly good experience. I would also like to know just how responsive it is across different operating systems and devices (mobile, tablet, PC). (Flipsnack.com claims that it is great, but I found that I had to tweak a few things to make it work flawlessly with my phone.)

So, I am asking my friends to test drive this short sample publication that I threw together a couple of days ago. Please check it out and let me know what you think of the reading experience. Can you think of anything that I can do to make it better?

TIA!

Here ‘tis: https://www.flipsnack.com/GrizzlyetteAdams/thriving-in-hard-times.html

Last edited:
So, I am asking my friends to test drive this short sample publication that I threw together a couple of days ago. Please check it out and let me know what you think of the reading experience. Can you think of anything that I can do to make it better?

Going to be a great book. I don't know if you can fix the only weakness I found....
The Full-Screen button is camouflaged in the center of the book. I almost didn't find it. We older people have to have that.
I don't know why they didn't put it up top with the magnifying glass. It's a Flipsnack's thing.
Images and material are fantastic.
Only other problem: "Just 3 pages?":eek::cry:
(this is a good problem:D)

Going to be a great book. I don't know if you can fix the only weakness I found....
The Full-Screen button is camouflaged in the center of the book. I almost didn't find it. We older people have to have that.
I don't know why they didn't put it up top with the magnifying glass. It's a Flipsnack's thing.
Images and material are fantastic.
Only other problem: "Just 3 pages?":eek::cry:
(this is a good problem:D)

Thanks!!

Uh oh.. only three pages??? There should be seven. At least that is how many I created, and that is how many that showed up on my daughter's phone, and mine also...

Thanks!!
Uh oh.. only three pages??? There should be seven. At least that is how many I created, and that is how many that showed up on my daughter's phone, and mine also...
Naa, you're right. I'm a better reader than counter:oops:. They're all there.

I could access it fine... Running firefox on win10 with a firewall that has several non-standard settings.

It looked good. My Q... did you use different font size on different pages as a test run or is this something flipsnack did?

Also, when it first loads the cover page is white and blank... after viewing the pages and then flipping back through it I can now see the cover page with the hammers and gloves... the back cover remains white and blank.

Counting the cover I see 9 pages...

Thanks, Peanut for telling me what you are using to view this with. That is important for me to know.

Yes I used different fonts, font sizes, and all kinds of other stuff to test-drive its capabilities.

Whoops, yes nine pages: 7 in the body plus front and back cover.

Something else that I am particularly interested in: I want to make sure everything is absolutely perfect. Does anyone notice any wonky lines, or text running off the page, or text running into the next block of text, or any other such funkiness?

In my dashboard, everything is perfect and I want to be sure it is translating that way for everyone.

It was easy to read and looks good on my hp laptop running windows 10.
Yay!!!! Thank you!

So, you didn't notice any wonky lines, or text running off the page, or text running into the next block of text, or any other such funkiness?

Naa, you're right. I'm a better reader than counter:oops:. They're all there.
This is great!

You didn't notice any wonky lines, or text running off the page, or text running into the next block of text, or any other such funkiness?

That is right: 8 pages in the body.

One person said it asked him to sign up to read it. Did anyone else experience this? (Hope not!)

I'm not sure what it said before flipping pages, didn't have my glasses on yet! :D
Cover... last word is Adams
1st p. last word is 2019
2nd p. " " " head
3rd p. " " " stuff
4th p. " " " nothing
5th p. " " " enough
6th p. " " " adams
7th P. " " " adams
8th p. " " " holiday

Back cover is still blank

Something else that I am particularly interested in: I want to make sure everything is absolutely perfect. Does anyone notice any wonky lines, or text running off the page, or text running into the next block of text, or any other such funkiness?.
Now THAT I would have instantly noticed.
PullingHairOut.gif
...like when people use then instead of than.
Yours is perfect.

Here are screenshots of what it looks like on my end (a smaller version):

First part:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.19.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.19.08 PM.png
    1,006 KB · Views: 77
Page one and two:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.19.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.19.27 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Pages three and four:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.19.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.19.59 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
Pages five and six:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.20.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.20.16 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
Thank you Curmudgeon. It is especially encouraging to know that the publication appears to run well on Windows XP...wow, that is great!

Another question: If you had a choice of which publishing platform to read my freebies in, which would be your first choice: this flipbook thingie or Amazon.com?

Pages seven and eight (back cover is blank)
Great layout and it looks professional. The green banner at the bottom appears to run over the top of the bottom paragraph.
MacBook Air running Safari.

Great layout and it looks professional. The green banner at the bottom appears to run over the top of the bottom paragraph.
MacBook Air running Safari.

Thank you!

That green banner problem... compared to the last screen shot in my previous post (#22), how much of the text appears to be chopped off?

@Caribou , if you have had experience with publishing through Amazon, have you experienced wonky stuff like the green banner problem? How about viewing Amazon's ebooks on mobile devices?

Latest posts

Back