Your input, please?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last full line that I can read ends in, "gardens that are".

Wow, that's over four lines chopped off. This just might be a deal-killer for me.

@Caribou , if you have had experience with publishing through Amazon, have you experienced wonky stuff like the green banner problem? How about viewing Amazon's ebooks on mobile devices?
I have never published through Amazon. I've read several books on Kindle through them. I don't remember any problems but it is not something I'd dwell upon.

Likewise, I have never had problems reading anything from Amazon.

This flipbook thing, on the other hand... I'm not so sure about!

Is the NRA magazine through the flipsnack.com people?

What is discouraging about the green banner problem: I used ONLY the flipsnack company's program to create this sample. I didn't create it elsewhere and upload a PDF or anything like it...

Mac OSX 10.14.6 and Brave browser. Came up great, easy to read, good content, no wonkyness. Don't really need to theft proof my garden, last pizza delivery the guy wanted to know if those were how strawberries really grew when he saw the patch in front yard :p

Wow, that's over four lines chopped off. This just might be a deal-killer for me.

I don't even see "gardens that are". Are we talking about the next to last page with the green space at the bottom?

Mine looks like the SS in #22.

It worked just fine. The only bit - I am reading it on iPad and when I went to full screen, it made it slightly larger, but not full screen. Was fine, but you asked for technical input so that was the only "thing".

Good writing too by the way.

Thank you!

Just curious, did you see a sliding bar at the bottom of the page to enable more zoom, or maybe an icon at the top of the page that looks like a little magnifying glass with a plus sign in it? If so, can you zoom with either of these for better results?

How To theft Proof Your Garden,Without.....' is the last page I get before the solid white page comes up. I'm using Wondows 7.
Everything looks good to me and it is easy to read and understand. :thumbs:

I noticed that the final page seemed to load a little slower than the others (it is the one that is displayed in the screenshot that I posted in post #22 in this thread). It has the words: "Develop a survivor's mindset... Look at disasters rationally, see opportunity in them..."

That is the page that does not show up for you?

I don't even see "gardens that are". Are we talking about the next to last page with the green space at the bottom?

Mine looks like the SS in #22.

Here is the entire text of the second the last page that bears the heading: "How to theft-proof your gardens without alarms or fences"

Consider growing a few“camouflage-gardens” which contain highly nutritious plants that most people would not recognize as food, but are regarded as delicacies in other parts of the world. Also, consider planting patches of native wild plants that are often more nutritious than anything grown in typical gardens. Good sources of these seeds include https://www.rareseeds.com/ and https://strictlymedicinalseeds.com/.

During hard times after a severe and prolonged disaster event, other conventional food gardens are likely to be raided by hungry thieves. If you have a camouflage garden, you will outwit thieves who think you are growing ornamental plants, not food. Bonus: HOA friendly!

The best part? Stealth gardens require very little upkeep. For years, I have enjoyed food from camouflage gardens that are deliciously nutritious and super easy to grow. As of this writing, I'm working on a new publication that will show how you can set up and enjoy this kind of garden now, and as insurance against austere times.

Right under that is a green banner with the text:

Follow Grizzlyette Adams on Twitter for more information about self-reliance and upcoming publications to help you thrive during hard times and other disasters. https://twitter.com/GrizzlyeteAdams

And the text under the picture: If properly prepared, many wild edibles are delicious and more nutritious than most garden vegetables.

Here is the entire text of the second the last page that bears the heading: "How to theft-proof your gardens without alarms or fences"

Consider growing a few“camouflage-gardens” which contain highly nutritious plants that most people would not recognize as food, but are regarded as delicacies in other parts of the world. Also, consider planting patches of native wild plants that are often more nutritious than anything grown in typical gardens. Good sources of these seeds include https://www.rareseeds.com/ and https://strictlymedicinalseeds.com/.

During hard times after a severe and prolonged disaster event, other conventional food gardens are likely to be raided by hungry thieves. If you have a camouflage garden, you will outwit thieves who think you are growing ornamental plants, not food. Bonus: HOA friendly!

The best part? Stealth gardens require very little upkeep. For years, I have enjoyed food from camouflage gardens that are deliciously nutritious and super easy to grow. As of this writing, I'm working on a new publication that will show how you can set up and enjoy this kind of garden now, and as insurance against austere times.

Right under that is a green banner with the text:

Follow Grizzlyette Adams on Twitter for more information about self-reliance and upcoming publications to help you thrive during hard times and other disasters. https://twitter.com/GrizzlyeteAdams

And the text under the picture: If properly prepared, many wild edibles are delicious and more nutritious than most garden vegetables.

I see all of that.

This ^^^
Amazon makes everyone use their Kindle app. Its free and works fine but kind of big and intrusive.

I don't know much about this... how is it intrusive?

Although it will cost me $$$ to publish content with this flipbook company, it might be just the thing for folks who don't like Amazon... ??

I really want this to work, but not if it will turn out to be a frustrating reading experience even for one out of 50 people. That's one too many!

Do you also see the next page?'

upload_2019-9-15_18-37-6.gif
Yes.

YAY!

So far, the only real thing (and it's a big thing to me) is the problem that Caribou had with the bottom of the second the last page covering up over four lines of text.

@Caribou, is your OS or browser the latest (or nearly so)? Which versions do you have?

I don't know much about this... how is it intrusive?

Although it will cost me $$$ to publish content with this flipbook company, it might be just the thing for folks who don't like Amazon... ??

I really want this to work, but not if it will turn out to be a frustrating reading experience even for one out of 50 people. That's one too many!
Kindle tracks every time you open a book and what pages you look at.
Publishing on Amazon is totally free. And you have the option for paper back books and/or E-books. All my books are on Amazon.

Another question: If you had a choice of which publishing platform to read my freebies in, which would be your first choice: this flipbook thingie or Amazon.com?
flipbooks is pretty, the book looks awesome but my personal preference is Amazon for a platform (as a consumer, no publishing experience)

Kindle tracks every time you open a book and what pages you look at.
Publishing on Amazon is totally free. And you have the option for paper back books and/or E-books. All my books are on Amazon.
I was so happy when I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas.
Couldn't wait to see what books I could now read that wouldn't take up bookshelf space.
I found 2 e-books I really wanted.
Evidently I have very good taste:rolleyes:.
One was $165 and the other one was $255.

The Kindle Fire plays a really good Mahjong game:p.

It is an attractive and professional looking publication.

What if you had a publication that someone wanted in a hard copy? I recently heard about a company, Lulu.com, that publishes things like family histories at a reasonable price.

It is an attractive and professional looking publication.

What if you had a publication that someone wanted in a hard copy? I recently heard about a company, Lulu.com, that publishes things like family histories at a reasonable price.

If I subscribed to the paid version, I can opt for the publication to be freely printed and downloaded by anyone.

Thank you for the kudos.

Last edited:
flipbooks is pretty, the book looks awesome but my personal preference is Amazon for a platform (as a consumer, no publishing experience)

Yes, Amazon is a giant in the publishing world...hard to beat it! So, little folks like Flipsnack knock themselves out to look pretty and to be easy to use. But....I am a hard customer. It had better be perfect to convince me to part with a single dollar, lol.

I wonder if any of Amazon's ebooks look slick n pretty? Or are they all more or less like the lackluster ebooks that I have been reading on my Kindle Unlimited? Can anyone tell me?

Yes, Amazon is a giant in the publishing world...hard to beat it! So, little folks like Flipsnack knock themselves out to look pretty and to be easy to use. But....I am a hard customer. It had better be perfect to convince me to part with a single dollar, lol.

I wonder if any of Amazon's ebooks look slick n pretty? Or are they all more or less like the lackluster ebooks that I have been reading on my Kindle Unlimited? Can anyone tell me?
You can do just about anything with your books on Amazon. I have a couple of photo books on there.

There’s lots of lackluster junk on Amazon but I have seen some pretty awesome photobooks from there

Latest posts

Back