Zen and the art of feline maintenance

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tortminder

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Coming soon to Amazon;
Zen and the art of feline maintenance

This book is the result of a lifetime of living with, caring for, loving and being loved by cats.

It covers many subjects covering the domestic, (and I use that word loosely), feline. Bathing and grooming a cat, (from the standpoint of how it would be done by a professional pet groomer); common household feline injuries, (and how to apply first aid and CPR until you can get to the vet); assembling a pet first aid kit; feline vital signs; dealing with fleas, (and other pests); common cat injuries; poisons and toxic substances; ear, dental and eye care; all about cat poop; understanding feline behavior and body language; cat massage and acupressure.

The manuscript is in editing now and my target for publication is on or around March 1, 2019.

Tripper01.jpg

I am designing a cover based on this picture.

I'll keep y'all posted.

---tort--

Title changed to Zen and the art of Cat Maintenance. In edit now so I should make the March publish date.

51366954_10213880521272820_354139320778489856_n.jpg

---tort--

I must be too fast, $4.99 for me.
Should be a free sample to download unless the Big River is messing with me. I signed up for free preview on the book for a limited time.

Here's something that might be of interest...

---tort--

The "Look inside" from amazon is good, but being surrounded by cats I may be afraid to go further :) Big River may be slow, I will look again in the morning. (BTW, if it can broken, I am the one to do it :()
As a book seller, I used to sell on half.com, ebay's used book site, closed last fall. The sellers forum there often talked about The River. Newbies often asked, what is The River?

Your book looks interesting tortminder. My daughter's cat drives me crazy. He comes and gets on my lap when I am sitting down, so I move my laptop over, off my lap, onto the arm of the couch. Then cat goes to the arm of the couch, and I move the laptop back to my lap. Back and forth, back and forth, until I am done with him. One of the things I often do is to get up and go do something.

As a book seller, I used to sell on half.com, ebay's used book site, closed last fall. The sellers forum there often talked about The River. Newbies often asked, what is The River?

Your book looks interesting tortminder. My daughter's cat drives me crazy. He comes and gets on my lap when I am sitting down, so I move my laptop over, off my lap, onto the arm of the couch. Then cat goes to the arm of the couch, and I move the laptop back to my lap. Back and forth, back and forth, until I am done with him. One of the things I often do is to get up and go do something.

He's trying to get your attention. My cat used to do that all the time.

The cat is following two instincts here:
1) Gets on the laptop for the warmth, (both from the laptop and from you). Most cats look upon humans as warm furniture.:)
2) The cat is socialized and looks at you as a large mama cat. He/she is happy and trusting of you and looking to be close. Cats tend to follow their survival instincts, so if they trust a human consider yourself highly honored.;)

Every cat I have ever had the honor to know has, in it's own way, been a Zen master.

---tort--

Back