Zinc

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get my zinc from Swanson. They had a BOGO on it a couple of months back. I got 12 jars. Still have 10 left yet.
Hubby and I both take 22 mg daily along with the zinc in our multi-vitamin we take every day

They did the same on my turmeric/black pepper. I have enough for 6 months now. It does help with the arthritis pain in the knees to where I don't have to take any nsaids. I just power through the pain

Ours probably isn't a less expensive way - we get the gummies.

Best price we've gotten them is at Sam's. They're out of stock at the store, but we can still get them online.

The elderberry supplement I take has zink in it as well. I went from the liquid to the gummy version to make it more simple to take. Not the cheapest way to get zink, but I am taking it as part of my daily elderberry supplement.

What is the "DO NOT EXCEED" daily dosage of Zinc...........???

In fact I would do a "Happy Dance" if one of you would post the danger/do not exceed of the most common vitamins. I was not but a few days in Alaska when I was informed that eating the liver of Seals is fatal dosage of Vitamin A. They said if your starving eat the seals butt hole, but never the liver.

What is the "DO NOT EXCEED" daily dosage of Zinc...........???

In fact I would do a "Happy Dance" if one of you would post the danger/do not exceed of the most common vitamins. I was not but a few days in Alaska when I was informed that eating the liver of Seals is fatal dosage of Vitamin A. They said if your starving eat the seals butt hole, but never the liver.
Will you post a video of that happy dance?

" fatal dosage of Vitamin A "
A.D.E.K. are fat soluble, they can store up in your fat cells & hair loss is a sign of overdose of them.
Not pattern boldness, but your hair falling out in patches.
Vitamin B & C is water soluble & should be taken in small does every two hours, you know when you reached you bowl tolerance will be when you are sitting on the Throne. C is a laxative, if 30,000mg then you should take 3000mg every 2hours for 8 hours which would give you 24,000mg per day with out an
laxative effect. That is a mass amount, but It will not hurt you because you flush it every 2 hours.
Vitamin A.D.E.K. will NOT flush, they store in fat cells.

" fatal dosage of Vitamin A "
A.D.E.K. are fat soluble, they can store up in your fat cells & hair loss is a sign of overdose of them.
Not pattern boldness, but your hair falling out in patches.
Vitamin B & C is water soluble & should be taken in small does every two hours, you know when you reached you bowl tolerance will be when you are sitting on the Throne. C is a laxative, if 30,000mg then you should take 3000mg every 2hours for 8 hours which would give you 24,000mg per day with out an
laxative effect. That is a mass amount, but It will not hurt you because you flush it every 2 hours.
Vitamin A.D.E.K. will NOT flush, they store in fat cells.
What about zinc? I do think that was enough info for the happy dance!! Video!

I am slow, here we go.
Safety and side effects

Oral zinc can cause:

• Indigestion
  • Diarrhea
  • Headache
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
When oral zinc is taken long term and in high doses it can cause copper deficiency. People with low copper levels might experience neurological issues, such as numbness and weakness in the arms and legs.

The National Institutes of Health considers 40 mg of zinc a day to be the upper limit dose for adults and 4 mg of zinc a day for infants under age 6 months.

Don't use intranasal zinc. This form of zinc has been linked with the loss of the sense of smell.

Interactions

Possible interactions include:

• Antibiotics. Using oral zinc while you're taking quinolone or tetracycline antibiotics can interfere with their ability to fight bacteria. Taking the antibiotic two hours before or four to six hours after taking zinc can minimize this effect.
  • Penicillamine. Using oral zinc with the rheumatoid arthritis drug penicillamine (Cuprimine, Depen) can reduce the drug's ability to ease arthritis symptoms. Taking zinc at least two hours before or after taking the drug might minimize this effect.
  • Thiazide diuretics. These blood pressure drugs increase the amount of zinc lost in urine.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-zinc/art-20366112

The elderberry supplement I take has zink in it as well. I went from the liquid to the gummy version to make it more simple to take. Not the cheapest way to get zink, but I am taking it as part of my daily elderberry supplement.
I take gummy with 11 vegetables & a gummy with 11 fruits & a gummy with 11 berries including bilberry, elderberry, black currant.

Back