10 minute meals, one pan.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have posted this, might not.

Spinach patties:
1 box of cornbread stove-top dressing.
1 can of Popeye Spinach.
4 eggs.
A tiny bit of shredded onion.
Mix well and make patties, fry in butter until well browned, lightly dust with grated Parmesan cheese. serve with mayonnaise dressing.

As a side, serve tomato quarters and creamed corn. Yummy vegan dinner.

You can do the same with some shredded zucchini, though I've not tried with the stove top. Just mix the shredded zucchini with some beaten eggs, a little flour to help hold it together, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper

Just guessing the amounts but......

2 cups shredded zucchini
3 or 4 eggs, beaten
1/4 to 1/2 c flour
1/3 cup parmesan
salt & pepper to taste

mix it all together & drop into a hot oiled skillet

As for the crockpot......check thrift stores. Usually they have a place where you can plug one in to test it and are usually pretty cheap.

OR if you have a pot or skillet with a good fitting lid, you can do alot on the stovetop too.

Italian Chicken & pasta

Large pieces of chicken, with or without bone (I use either 1/2 breast pieces or legs or thighs or leg quarters)
bottle of zesty italian salad dressing.

cooked & drained pasta
veggies of your choice.

Brown the chicken in a skillet with a little EVOO, then pour in the dressing. Heat to boiling, turn down to low, cover the pan and simmer a couple hours till chicken is done. Add any veggies the last 10 minutes, then top pasta with meat, veggies and 'sauce'

Smothered ????? (beef steaks, pork chops, chicken)

whatever type of meat you have will become fall apart tender.
1 large can of cream of mushroom soup

quick brown the meat on both sides, add the can of soup, heat to boil, cover, turn heat on low and simmer a couple hours. The condensation in the pan will thin out the soup (maybe even a little too thin). Serve over potatoes, pasta, rice or whatever, add a veggie either on the side or into the gravy

Cheater Chicken & Dumplings

Chicken meat
1 large can Chicken Noodle Soup or broth
1 reg can Cream of Chicken Soup
frozen mixed veggies (or canned mix)
1 can biscuits

Dump the first 4 into a pot with tight lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Separate the biscuits and add to the top of mix. Cover & simmer about 10 minutes

Sheppards Pie

Ground meat
Mixed veggies
Large can of cream of mushroom soup
Worchestershire sauce
Tater tots
shredded cheese

Brown the meat, add veggies to heat thru. Add soup a spoon or so of Worchestershire sauce and pour it all into a baking pan. Top with tater tots and bake about 30-45 minutes or until tots are browned @ about 400 (?) Top with cheese and back into the oven till melted.

I canned venison sloppy joe mix, just dump it into a sauce pan, heat it up and serve on bread...

But I got to thinking. Can you freeze pasta? The online answer is yes! Just slightly under-cook your pasta, strain it, add a little olive oil, toss it, then spread it out on a bakers sheet (covered in parchment paper) and freeze for a couple of hours. Then place it in freezer bags, cook directly from the freezer (no thawing required)

So take some canned spaghetti sauce, pour it over a sauce pan filled with frozen pasta and heat it up... 1 pan quick meal (that is assuming you don't count the canning process or the jars)..... Simple. If you want it extra meaty, add a pint of canned meat loaf... easy.

I've not done this, but I have heard that if you put the noodles in a jar raw, they soften as they absorb juice, then just warm it all up at once. Anybody know if its true? I'm not a canner.
Noodles are best when cooked just before eating. When I make something like chicken noodle soup, I make it all up, except the noodles. I heat up a serving of the soup, and cook the noodles for that serving. I think the same is true of something like canned soup. I don't think that noodles can well, and there may even be advise not to can noodles. Heat up the jar of soup and add noodles to cook with it, or cook the noodles and then add them.

I like the way my aunt recommended, can everything dry, add water. boil until the noodles are done.

I got a new one, but its not a meal, its a drink.
take 1/2 a cup of coconut juice and add however much instant coffee makes two cups for you, stir well and zap in a microwave. add the rest of the can of coconut juice and ice. I call it a Jamaica cooler.
Might go good with a shot of Captain Mo spiced, I'll let you know. :)

This is a test:
I have a spaghetti squash I'm going to let ripen a few days and grill with some garlic butter until its done, then put a light cream sauce with bacon on it and side it up with some Alfredo and turkey and some yeast rolls. Hope the relatives are hungry!

So I bought a spaghetti squash with intent to cut it into slices and grill it, good luck with that unless you have a hand saw handy!
BUT... I stuck that sucker in my microwave on 700 watts for ten minutes and it pretty much rolled out of its armored shell. good accident, I'm doing it again!

A masterpiece! I call it the grab it and get going sandwich, and many of the makings are interchangeable to your taste!
Start with 2 pieces of toast done to your liking. I like to use an oven so I can have one side white and flexible.
Smear one side in mayonnaise/miracle whip or dressing.
Smear the other in milk gravy.
Add 1 completely done fried egg or microwave scramble square.
Cheese-Or not, your sandwich!
Bacon/steak/burger/sausage/ham pick one or mix n match.
1 slab of hash browns, don't scramble them.
Slap it n wrap it and add a cup of gravy or soup and you have a full meal you can eat with one hand!

1657651631966.png

fry up like bacon, add eggs, chopped jalapinos,
eat on a flour tortilla

Garlic cheese sammich

melt some butter and add garlic powder
make a grill cheese sammich using the garlic butter
Add a slice of baloney and use Provolone cheese, use marinara as a dip or spread, its the bomb!

Latest posts

Back