• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Homesteading & Country Living and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1932 Elgin pocket watch

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it works great. Just missing the second hand. I keep it put away though. Rarely take it out. Ill try and pull it to get a couple pics
Rarely pull it out
Yep, me also, I started going through a box of stuff and found stuff I have not seen in years
So, the heck with it, sell it, it is doing no good sitting in the back o a closet

Nice watch. I've got my great grandfather's Elgin from when he retired from the railroad. He was a Pinkerton man. Have several gold and silver pocket watches too.
I must have went through a pocket watch phase. I have 3 made in China el cheapos

Rarely pull it out
Yep, me also, I started going through a box of stuff and found stuff I have not seen in years
So, the heck with it, sell it, it is doing no good sitting in the back o a closet
Ill pass mine on to my niece when I die. I'd never sell it.
I found out years after he gave it to me why I got it. He was in WWII and served in the Old Guard in DC when he came home. When my dad got killed in Nam he told my Mamaw it was mine when I got a little older. At 13 he presented it to me.

Ill pass mine on to my niece when I die. I'd never sell it.
I found out years after he gave it to me why I got it. He was in WWII and served in the Old Guard in DC when he came home. When my dad got killed in Nam he told my Mamaw it was mine when I got a little older. At 13 he presented it to me.
Ahhh ok. I have his old gustaf mauser
He bought a m96 out of a herters magazine. Then hand made a stock for it
That was his go to gun. As the years went by. He always let me borrow any gun he owned all he ever said was be careful and good luck
Except that mauser.
If I asked to use the mauser his answer was always. Sure!! Where are we going?
That Mauser turned into a request to talk
Sometimes we loaded up our hunting gear and never stepped foot in the woods but would talk for hours over coffee
Well Dad passed and I have the Mauser
And the boys are figuring out that if they want the mauser the answer is Sure! Where are we going.

About 25 years ago I bought an old 18k gold stem winder pocket watch in New Zealand. Also picked up a sterling silver pocket watch with a key winder. Bought a couple solid gold watch fobs to go along with them. That was back when I could afford stuff. Now days I can't even afford to buy a Timex.

About 25 years ago I bought an old 18k gold stem winder pocket watch in New Zealand. Also picked up a sterling silver pocket watch with a key winder. Bought a couple solid gold watch fobs to go along with them. That was back when I could afford stuff. Now days I can't even afford to buy a Timex.
Man know that feeling all to well
Went from 135k per year to 20k
And that ain’t the worse part!!!
I was smack dab in the middle of building my house when I fell out

@Frodo I don't know what all that means but it is pretty sweet. The price sounds good also. So tempting.

@Frodo I don't know what all that means but it is pretty sweet. The price sounds good also. So tempting.
Not an expert but I read that grade 315
Means the watch is grade 3. “Very good condition” with 15 jewels
The 12s. No idea
15j. Is the number of jewels
Tell you what, if you are interested I will pay the shipping. Priority usps insured and tracked
It does come with a fob chain. Gold colored not shown

Well now I don't have to figure out how to embezzle $190 from my wife.👍
Maybe, maybe not
It is Spf not sold
That means he said I’ll take it
But money has not crossed my palm yet

My only advice to a feller that needs to come up with cash with out the wife knowing is rather ingenious
You will have to accompany your loving wife while she grocery shops. Ever now and then take a key ingredient out of the cart and with out being seen. Put it back
Now you ask how is that gonna help!??
Simple my Brother,
She is going to need that KEY item and you are Jhonny on the spot, ready to go to the store and pick up. What mom
“Forgot”
Now for the good stuff
Cash back
Yes indeed Total is a fiver
You pay with a twenty
15 back as cash.

Last edited:
SPF, thanks Frodo I was wondering what sunblock had to do with it? I was mostly kidding about my wife carrying the wallet in the family. I have a pocket watch she bought me many years ago. I think I overwound it. I should probably get that one repaired before buying a other one.

SPF, thanks Frodo I was wondering what sunblock had to do with it? I was mostly kidding about my wife carrying the wallet in the family. I have a pocket watch she bought me many years ago. I think I overwound it. I should probably get that one repaired before buying a other one.
Thoughts of Overwinding it are worrisome
Yes sir. I know all a wallet full of dust bunnies. All I get to keep is 20 a week

SOLD!!!! Pending funds
I agree with you. Fix what you have👍

Latest posts

Back