2 Crust Lemon Pie

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bargeahead

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Let me be the first to get this going, one of my favs.

Ye Olde Two Crust Lemon Pie
( from a memory proven to be faulty )

Da Stuff What's In It:

Pastry for large or deep dish pie
1 stick butter (softened)
1 2/3 C sugar
3 Tbls flour
4 large eggs ( reserve 1 Tbls white )
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C + 2 Tbls water
2+ tsp grated lemon rind
juice and just the meat of 2 to 2 1/2 large lemons ( peel lemons removing all white skin then pry out meat from ribs and chop fine then squeeze the hell outa the ribcage to get all the juice )

Cream butter and sugar, add flour and salt, add eggs ( one at a time or throw em all in at once, pie tastes the same, beat eggs beforehand if they have been naughty ), add water, toss in lemon juice with meat + grated rind. Taste to see if you think it needs just a little more lemon juice or sugar.

Pour in bottom crust ( works better if bottom crust is in pie pan when this takes place ), mixture will be VERY thin, that's OK, trust me. Gently place & trim top crust and do magic finger twirling around edges. Brush top with reserved egg white and sprinkle with just the barest hint of nutmeg then sprinkle with a bunch of cin/sugar. Cut vents.

Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Pie looks better if a sheet of foil is placed 2" above top crust for first 15-20 minutes then removed.

Remove from oven before attempting to eat.

Instead of drooling I got the giggles as I was reading. How am I supposed to make this if I laugh everytime I read the recipe?

I love almost anything lemon so it was a good start to the recipe topic.

Lemon belongs in tea and lemonade. If God had intended lemons to be used in pies they would grow on bushes with a crust on them...
Please, no meringue or cream pies. Pies have apples, cherries or berries in them not lemons, limes or chocolate. (I know, I'm an alien from a different planet and reality)

Welcome to Earth alien visitor. I guess the brussels sprout pie is a non-starter. :eyeballs:

^^^^^ this made me laugh out loud ^^^^^
Everyone I know calls me an alien, even my doctor...

Latest posts

Back