30 Things You Should Do To Prepare For The Imminent Economic Collapse & Stock Market CRASH!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flight

I just me.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
30 Things You Should Do To Prepare For The Imminent Economic Collapse & Stock Market CRASH!

I watched this video and I wrote down each thing this youtube video said, I would like everyones to comment on this. I also would like a new thread started on each topic (by more knowledgeable people then myself) to talk about the importance of each one and what kind of items you think should be in each thread.

1. Keep cash.
2. Get out of debt.
3. Stock gold and silver.
4. Move away from big cities.
5. Warm clothing and hiking gear, especially good footwear.
6. Hiking boots or comfortable shoes are shelter.
7.Survival gas mask.
8. Axe, shovel, knife.
9. Self-defence equipment.
10 Ammunition.
11. Compass and maps.
12. Swiss army knife.
13. Hiking backpack.
14. Shelter.
15. Clean water.
16. Lighter or matches.
17. Flashlight or lantern.
18. Food storage.
19. Learn to grow your own food.
20. First aid kit or medical supplies.
21. Stock up on vitamins.
22. Radio.
23. Communication equipment.
24. Personal hygiene supplies.
25. Special needs of children and pets.
26. Sewing kit.
27. Extra gasoline (includes propain)
28. Back up plan.
29. Acomunity at Bug Out Location.
30. Keep prepping to yourself.

31.tractor with FEL
32.lots of logging chains and or cables
33.multiple chainsaws
34.heavy duty come-alongs
35.some type woodstove-heating/cooking/hotwater
36.chicken coop
37.garden
38.root cellar
39.as many hand tools as you can collect and afford and try out...all are not worth having/testing is a must.
40.orchard

all of the above keeps you fed and sheltered and help dig your way out of natural disasters.my 10 additional items are long term items.

Well, of the 40 items listed above, there are only 2 that I can't answer yes to; 3 if you count not talking about your "stuff" since I'm doing it right now. :)

Gas mask and root cellar are holes in our place.
2-way communication is short range but I do have a short wave receiver. I could listen but not talk

41.library-one at home, one at shop-also manuals of tools you have.
42.generator for when needed to run critical tools.
43.welder-for repairs
44.well stocked shop-nails,bolts,screws,nuts,parts,grinding disks,welding rods,etc. etc.
45.friends,family,community
46.seed stocks
47.knowledge of seed gathering for next crop
48.animal husbandry skills
49.incubator-on and off grid ways
50.fuels

be a producer not a consumer on whatever level each of us can achieve.with items i listed if a person had no money or limited money they can produce items for daily needs of food-water-shelter that have to be done daily-everyday of our lives.

41.library-one at home, one at shop-also manuals of tools you have.
42.generator for when needed to run critical tools.
43.welder-for repairs
44.well stocked shop-nails,bolts,screws,nuts,parts,grinding disks,welding rods,etc. etc.
45.friends,family,community
46.seed stocks
47.knowledge of seed gathering for next crop
48.animal husbandry skills
49.incubator-on and off grid ways
50.fuels.

Library? So-so
Incubator? Off grid? A few of the 40 hens should be able to handle that. :)
Everything else? Check

51. Water filtering equipment.

74854f3feb2861870781fcacb87c0abd.jpg

1363638_1_l.jpg

Many items on the top list will not be needed for most people . Either your plan is to bug-out or stay put. Many cannot bug-out and many cannot stay put. so what they stock will be WAY different.
If you are older then you will not be bugging out with a fifty pound pack on your back. If you live in the inner city then likely your only real hope will be to bug-out so a large stock-pile of food and other supplies would not do you a lot of good if you can not carry it.
Every person has different needs.

any suggestions on how to make this work? I have m12 and m18 tools.

The 12V tools can be run directly off a battery. Likewise 36V can be run off 3 batteries. You can also use an inverter and then a regular battery charger for any voltage. there are chargers that plug into your 12V cigarette lighter socket and you can plug a USB cable into to charge various devices like phones, lights, computers, etc.

Basically what I figured you'd say.
The 12V tools can be run directly off a battery. Likewise 36V can be run off 3 batteries. You can also use an inverter and then a regular battery charger for any voltage. there are chargers that plug into your 12V cigarette lighter socket and you can plug a USB cable into to charge various devices like phones, lights, computers, etc.

any suggestions on how to make this work? I have m12 and m18 tools.
Using an inverter (it can be a small one) and the original chargers will work fine without harming battery life. You would have to check the label on the chargers but likely a 200 watt inverter would do it.

I built my cabin using mostly 120vac power tools running off a 1500/3000 watt harbor freight inverter. The solar panels charged the batteries while I was at work all day. I brought the cordless chargers to work with me every day in my backpack. It's amazing what one can do with very little. Once in a while I used my Champion 200o inverter generator, but it wasn't needed much.

Wouldn't running the dirty power through the charger's transformer clean up the power when it is changed from AC to lower voltage DC?

Some of the more modern ones handle the choppy power, but it's not worth the risk.

I have a love/hate relationship with modified sine wave inverters. In my off grid cabin, I was using a plain ol' walmart box fan for air circulation, and it GROWLED so much I couldn't sleep! I had to run it off of pure sine wave to sleep, LOL!

I guess it just comes with experience - you get a feel for what they can and cannot do.

"Noisy" motors (blender, hand mixer, power saw, vacuum cleaner) all do fine with modified sine wave, too.
"Quiet" motors (fridge, freezer, fans, etc) really do much better on pure sine wave.

Two things my dad taught me was 1. know how to cook and 2. know how to kill. In a true collapse of any sort people who know how to do those two things stand a greater chance of survival. Everything else is luck of the draw and ingenuity.

Two things my dad taught me was 1. know how to cook and 2. know how to kill. In a true collapse of any sort people who know how to do those two things stand a greater chance of survival. Everything else is luck of the draw and ingenuity.

Now that is my kind of scientist. :great: :green man:

In a true economic collapse 1 and 2 are worthless. Smart people would prepare by leveraging debt to buy items of tradable value. Everything else is pretty much self sustaining items in case of the collapse. Fiat will only be beneficial short term and bank debt would be uncollectable from either a physical stand point ie.. they are closed or a logistical standpoint...what’s $200k mortgage note when inflation makes bread costs $10k.

In a true economic collapse 1 and 2 are worthless. Smart people would prepare by leveraging debt to buy items of tradable value. Everything else is pretty much self sustaining items in case of the collapse. Fiat will only be beneficial short term and bank debt would be uncollectable from either a physical stand point ie.. they are closed or a logistical standpoint...what’s $200k mortgage note when inflation makes bread costs $10k.

Warm Welcome from the Arizona Valley folks. Glad to see you were able to follow the bread crumbs.

Latest posts

Back