4" UPRIGHT BELT SANDER...????????????????????????????????????

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Do I measure center to center of the drive wheel to the boggy wheel and multiply by 2 to get the proper belt size..?? Or flatten the belt, measure length, then times 2 or what...?? my wild guess is I need 36" belts.

It is usually printed on the inside of the belt.

Otherwise I BELIEVE it is the length if the belt. Flatten measure and multiply by 2.

If others know better... please correct me.

Ben

Sadly, the belt has been on there for roughly 10 or 12 years, and the sander, with the belt live outdoors Alaska (covered). I was pleasantly surprised it even started today. I am sure I have not used it in 6'ish years.

This is how I do it, once I get the right size, I order five size/grits belts & make sure to keep new belts on hand.
I also write size & lengths, brands of belts inside of guard cover with sharpie.
I do this with all belts, grinder & saws, knowledge makes everything easier.

I agree, but I have the combo, so it never bigger than 4X 48 inches & 12" disk . But Grizzly Tools carry 4X24,4X36, 4X48, 4X79.
4x36 is pretty common
https://www.grizzly.com/products/south-bend-6-x-48-belt-12-disc-combination-sander/sb1093
1665546835391.png

Last edited:
I ordered all the grinding wheels, saw blades & sanding belts for the shop for over ten years at work & now that I am retired, all the information including the order number I used is in the machine cover. They may use a different number now, but I had every thing up until i left the shop.

Latest posts

Back