A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handley Page were four-engine biplane airliners designed and manufactured by British aviation company Handley Page, based in Radlett, Hertfordshire. It held the distinction of being the largest airliner in regular use in the world upon the type's introduction in 1931. Refueling Hanno at Samakh, Tiberias, Palestine, October 1931

View attachment 125456
Look how close that propeller is to the fuselage!!!!

Here’s an image that invokes the past. Was watching a documentary on the Ohio River and this pole, not sure where, was shown with markings for the height and year of major floods. The lowest is the flood of 1997 and I remember manning the 2-meter radio at the Red Cross in downtown Louisville one night. Other floods were a bit higher… now look near the top where the marker is for the Great Flood of 1937! Incredible!!

712AE6FF-B618-45D1-9A61-D1FF48AC4837.jpeg

Here’s an image that invokes the past. Was watching a documentary on the Ohio River and this pole, not sure where, was shown with markings for the height and year of major floods. The lowest is the flood of 1997 and I remember manning the 2-meter radio at the Red Cross in downtown Louisville one night. Other floods were a bit higher… now look near the top where the marker is for the Great Flood of 1937! Incredible!!

View attachment 129357
There is a similar marker at "Coney Island" in Cincinnati. I may or may not have a picture of it, someplace.

Latest posts

Back