A little about me

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-S ranch

New Friend
Neighbor
Hi all! I am new to the idea of homesteading buy husband and I live in 15 acres west of Helena, Montana. We have started raising beef in the last few years and purchased the property a little over 6 years ago. My health has been our ultimate setback and concern. I am a two time cancer survivor ( Hodgkin’s lymphoma2000, tongue cancer from radiation treatment from the Hodgkin’s in 2019!! Then December of 2021, I suffered a massive ischemic stroke) thankfully my husband recognized the stroke and called 911. For the past year I’ve been diving into homesteading. I already love to cook and bake but wanted to push myself more to become self sufficient. I’ve got goals from doing the homestead challenge from Facebook and doing the Homestead playbook training put on by Jill Winger. In the past year I’ve learned to water bath canning and forage for huckleberries. I also have a dozen chickens. We hunt fish and camp too. I’m eager to learn and have a life not dependent upon stores for our food sources.

Welcome from S.C.
My son spent the summer at nine Quarter Ranch, near Yellow Stone. Says it is the best Summer of his twenty-nine years.

Hello from Helena. You have probaby seen some of my sculpture.
1701977321362.png

Welcome from Alaska!

Latest posts

Back