A little fun on the homestead today...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PopPopT

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We woke up to about 5" of new snow here in Deer Lodge, TN this morning! Usually, when the weatherman says, "3-5 inches of snow", we look at each other and say, "yeah, right". But they actually got it right this time!

Anyway, my dear wife saw all this snow and decided we needed a snowman. Oh, the fun we have. LOL!! And then... I just couldn't help myself...

Bernie_n_Snowman.png

I see Bernie had to stop by and sponge some breakfast.:oops:

Nah, that was just me being ornery. :D

When we were out there putting the eyes and nose on the snowman, I was just remarking to my wife about how it would be funny to put in the Bernie photobomb. Didn't even know if I could do it. But we did get some good laughs, anyway. :)

Nice shots :) I like the B&W.

Believe it or not, they're in color.

It's kinda odd, even now. (It's pushing 2:30 in the afternoon, same day as these were taken). The skies are "dark" all around, the kind of dark you might expect if expecting a storm. Not sure if that's just "fog" that has lifted or what, but it's kinda neat to see.

One more, just so you see just a bit of the color. (Barn is red, side of house is beige.) Probably some "wash" of some kind happening with the camera with so much white. I didn't play with any of the settings to "enhance".) Interestingly, there was almost a bluish hue in the sky, wasn't sure if it would even come through in the pictures.
IMG_20210207_073402126.jpg

One more, just so you see just a bit of the color. (Barn is red, side of house is beige.) Probably some "wash" of some kind happening with the camera with so much white. I didn't play with any of the settings to "enhance".) Interestingly, there was almost a bluish hue in the sky, wasn't sure if it would even come through in the pictures.
View attachment 58735
I love days like that with a ubiquitous light that comes from everywhere and casts no shadows.

We get those around here since we have cloud cover most days.

Ben

I did not want snow, so I stayed home in South Carolina.
I hear Texas had more than in years past.
Snow like rain it good to look at, but not good to work in.

Latest posts

Back