"Alexa, are you spying on me?"

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are on the WEB,,,,,,,,,,, you are being tracked and there is nothing you can do about it

you have a smart TV a smart phone you get on the WEB,,google microsoft every website you visit,,,, they are all tracking you,,, your phone is even tracking your location.......... it's the way of the world we live in

Not true, there's a lot you can do about it.

if you are on the WEB,,,,,,,,,,, you are being tracked and there is nothing you can do about it

you have a smart TV a smart phone you get on the WEB,,google microsoft every website you visit,,,, they are all tracking you,,, your phone is even tracking your location.......... it's the way of the world we live in
Doesn't have to be that way. There are ways around some of it. I don't have internet at home, I have smart TVs, but without internet they are useless, my phone is very limited due to our location. It only receives a signal in certain locations. I never use Google anymore. I use duck-duck go now. Not perfect privacy but better than nothing.

800px-20090704-1971_StarTrekTOSCommunicatorReplica.jpg

I picked up a flip phone at a garage sale. It keeps connecting me to some place called Starfleet Command.🤔

One very clever scam the advertisers have pulled off is for people to pay money to watch commercials. You pay for the cable, you pay for the phone, you pay for the satelite. And then you get commercials. Also since it is my TV and my remote it should do what I want, not what some advertiser wants.

I am using the browser "BRAVE" and it is programmable to block in three levels of aggressive ways.
The VPN of my anti-virus changes my internet position between 5 different NATIONS around me.
My cell phone is an old Nokia without internet connection and a removable battery to make it go "dead" and make it not traceable and I spend days without it and have to look for it sometimes by asking my wife to call me...
When the laptop is not being used the connection to wifi is off. When being used, it is only with a re-started VPN in a different nation each time and I can open a "private" window for some things which is not trackable.
It is possible to minimize your being tracked, my browser shows me each time I open it how many thousand trackers it has blocked and is constantly showing me how many trackers are being currently blocked while on YouTube, Gab, Twitter and such sites also...

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with modern smart phones, I just treat them as though I was having a conversation or browsing the web or taking photos in a police station. Admittedly mine is off more than it's on, and has a removable battery if I wanted to get totally paranoid, but When I'm on a ride up in the hills for the day I don't want to deny myself access to weather radar, a decent camera and stuff like that. I'd never buy apple products though.

Latest posts

Back