All this "White power" nonsense.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
OK, I'm white. I rolled bad in the genetic crap shoot so they say.
No really. It's almost illegal to be white nowadays. Really, I'm too educated to be in the KKK, not into meth enough to be a skinhead,
really, I don't hate ANYBODY! So where do I fit and why can't I be proud of my ancestors? my viking ancestors kicked @$$ all over
Europe and North Africa, they were buds with the ancient Egyptians ans spread our culture like VD at a frat party, tell me why I ought to
be ashamed of being white? we NEVER took ANY not white slaves and we mapped the world, we suck why?

Oh, yeah. I'll be taking my "White privilege" now since I live in a TRAILER PARK! My kind made this country, yeah. we did bad things to Indians
That was on 5 great backs grandpa's head, not me. so tell me why I suck again? Somebody else's grandpa sold us slaves, is that why? go choke
on a woke monkey's turd! Life has changed, get over it!

No big deal. nobody can tell me why I'm bad because I'm white?
I don't think anyone in my family ever owned a slave or oppressed anybody and hell,
I'm directly descended from Tecumseh!

When they were handing out White Privilege I didn’t get any because I was at work.
Wife and I are poor country folks. Before I retired I was the Working Poor, now we are just poor.
We live in a mobile home on a dirt road in cattle country.
I never took a government handout in my life, never drew unemployment.

I shouldn't even comment because I will get myself in trouble. Why should 62% of the population give a rat's a$$ about what 13% of the population thinks. NOBODY has a choice in this matter. You play whatever hand life deals you. If you don't like your lot in life look in the mirror. That is the only person who can fix it.

Magus, I come from Viking heritage as well. Are people of color the only ones allowed to be proud of their heritage? I don't think so. I'm not apologizing to anybody for anything especially the way I was born.

This was the answer I was looking for!

Attachments

• mickeys-malt-liquor-355ml-1pk.png
    mickeys-malt-liquor-355ml-1pk.png
    305.5 KB · Views: 2
As a non-minority working male I have been Privlaged to see the writing on the wall, the Woke Establishment has created an environment where White Males (WM) need not apply. Their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training cleary places the WM at the very bottom of the Hiring and Promotions ladders, this approach is being expanded to cover future government contracts and funding activities. It makes me sad and angry, I think we missed our opportunity to drain the swamp.

LMAO!

Urban hunter sees the problem, I see a solution. start our own businesses and have all the signs in Norse runes like the Hispanics do here with everything in Spanish.
I mean thats a clear sign I'm not wanted there, I speak enough Spanish to get by, so I go right on in, get stared at, tip the waitress heavy and laugh at them as I leave.

Magus, you are thinking about this all wrong. You are an individual. Individuals are irrelevant to the analysis. This is about groups.

It doesn't matter what you have done, or even what an ancestor has done. What matters is that you have been assigned to a group, and that group has been charged with causing an inequity to another group, and things must be set "right" at the group level, and individuals are irrelevant to that goal.

Now, many Democrats do not think this way, but their votes are being harvested by people who do think this way: Individual humans have the same political importance as an ant does to a freeway construction crew, which is to say, they aren't considered when the goal is being accomplished. Individuals are entirely irrelevant to the task. The task is to address group equities/inequities...and individuals be damned if necessary. They just don't care if a white male individual complains. Your complaint is that crunching sound drowned out by the noise of the tank tread. They do, however, care about your opinion as a group of white males, which is why they always talk about white supremacy. And, so, perversely, they are motivating individuals to join such groups as a means of protection. This seems totally insane to a normal person, but they are creating groups which they can fight, because they need an enemy to push their agenda. Otherwise, we would all just be happy individuals, minding our own business. They need groups to oppose, to keep their own groups focused and in lock-step (and continue to harvest their votes...keep them on the voting plantation). Group opposition is the fuel for the tank's engine. So, joining one of their opposition groups can give them more fuel.

In a society in which individual freedom is valued, a justice system is built to maximize justice to each individual. That has been the American way, with notable exceptions such as slavery. But, in a society in which group power is valued over individual freedom (where group exploitation is the norm, not the exception), a justice system (or a tax system, or a regulation system) does not care about just outcomes for individuals. Rather, a group-oriented justice system would ask, "what group did the accused perpetrator belong to" and "what group did the alleged victim belong to." If necessary, due to the relative equities of the groups involved, the individuals will be switched, such that perpetrator becomes victim, and victim becomes perpetrator, not because of anything in particular regarding the individuals in question, but only because of the equities of the groups involved.

Put another way:
  • In traditional America, justice requires that we know the individuals involved and the individual actions they took. Once you know that, you can apply the law and a system of morals to the individuals to achieve justice. And, you should do this without knowing the group identities involved (which is why Lady Justice is traditionally shown blindfolded as she holds the scales of justice).
  • But, in the minds of these race mongers, the individuals are not the fundamental unit of society; groups are. Individuals are merely levers which can be used to control a group. In their justice system (or their tax system, etc.), you must know the group identities involved before you can make any decision about an event. Individual acts are irrelevant to morality or justice; group identity is paramount.
America was obviously built on individual freedoms. So the thinking of these people is foreign (literally, un-American). But, it is very important to understand how they think (and that there is a continuum of this thought, from mere voters to their leaders).

Individuals have freedom (or not). Groups have power (or not). Groups don't really have objective freedoms...groups only have relative power compared to other groups (equities). Groups can be defined in various ways (e.g., by static characteristics like skin color are often useful to prevent people from using their brains to switch sides), but groups are primarily judged by their ability to provide and use power.

You, Magus, have been assigned to a group, and your group has been targeted in the present, because such targeting aids in the acquisition of political power. It has nothing to do with you as an individual. (It isn't personal. It's just politics.) This is a type of communist thinking, where the individual is irrelevant to policy making. Many of them deny being communists, but to use an (in)famous line: if you put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig.

My solution requires the 20somethings and 30somethings to value individual freedoms for all, more than themselves being in a group that has power and perceived righteousness. I'm not sure if my solution is viable, at least in the short term. I do fear that we are on a path away from individual freedom as a value.

Last edited:
Rassmussen poll from last Thursday (quoting from their news release):
– Nearly half (48%) of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications.

Think about that. Half of a major political party (the one in power now) believes that social media posts on the primary of issue of the day should justify imprisonment. Prison time for free speech on issues of the day?...what would Thomas Jefferson and James Madisan think of that? Thank god we have the 1st Amendment. It will be interesting to see if the Constitution can stand up against such an uprising of opposition to it in our modern society.

Last edited:
Hell, I'm still boycotting all Marvel movies until they release the much needed and long overdue 'White Panther'.
No no no, albino, gender neutral, sexually ambiguous panther.

Edit. I should have said Feline in case it identified as a puma or something. There fixed it. 😉

Here we go Pearl, one beer GPS! :) Product Locator

BOT...
you know the Jews were rubbed out by the Nazis using this self same series of events and methods right?
Are any of us willing and able to stand up to this crap? We seem to just chuckle nervously and let it slip. I
can still remember when the "woke" of another generation went after Christians. a few abortion clinics
burned to the ground and dead/injured news-mouths later and that sh1t hushed right up! Now am I saying start a
civil war or break things and hurt people? As much as I'd love to, NO. hit them where they KNOW it every time
they look at their bank account. Coke profits dropped by 25% the month after they decided I was too white to drink
their product, I gave some poor Salvation army bell ringer hell too about their anti white crap. if they hate you,
don't buy their junk or use their services, tell them why and leave.

Happy MLK day y'all.

@Tacitus is correct it will not be until individuals group together during the elections that any of this will change. Unfortunately many of our young WOKE white trailer trash think that they will be excluded from the exclusion list and they will vote woke expecting the handouts that keep the woke in power.

He is also correct that anyone who openly speaks out about against the establishment's program will be identified, demonized, and crushed by the liberal media and an authoritarian bureaucracy.

I hate what I see as institutionalized racism against the majority of the population. This is being justified because the logic is that doing things to advance minorities cannot be racist...

It always hurts people when you rank them by a classification such as (race, sex, sexual preference, religion, or hair color). The scary thing is when you hurt people enough they will eventually rise up.

What nonsense?

See this documentary as proof of white privlege.

Ben

Here we go Pearl, one beer GPS! :) Product Locator

BOT...
you know the Jews were rubbed out by the Nazis using this self same series of events and methods right?
Are any of us willing and able to stand up to this crap? We seem to just chuckle nervously and let it slip. I
can still remember when the "woke" of another generation went after Christians. a few abortion clinics
burned to the ground and dead/injured news-mouths later and that sh1t hushed right up! Now am I saying start a
civil war or break things and hurt people? As much as I'd love to, NO. hit them where they KNOW it every time
they look at their bank account. Coke profits dropped by 25% the month after they decided I was too white to drink
their product, I gave some poor Salvation army bell ringer hell too about their anti white crap. if they hate you,
don't buy their junk or use their services, tell them why and leave.

Happy MLK day y'all.
Ok, gettin' me so Mickeys!! 💗

As a non-minority working male I have been Privlaged to see the writing on the wall, the Woke Establishment has created an environment where White Males (WM) need not apply. Their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training cleary places the WM at the very bottom of the Hiring and Promotions ladders, this approach is being expanded to cover future government contracts and funding activities. It makes me sad and angry, I think we missed our opportunity to drain the swamp.
Twenty one years ago I got a part time job as a woodworker, to pay off a few bill, his wife & aunt owned 55% of the business, so the minority list would pick them up for state jobs.

Where I come from, I didn't really get to exercise my white privilege in an economic sense. There weren't really any minorities around, so I wasn't competing with any minorities for jobs and such. That has changed a bit now with the influx of Hispanic peoples into Iowa, but even when I applied to the railroad, there were about 40 finalists for 3 jobs, and two finalists were non white. I know one had little chance from the get go, just from talking to him. Were you the hirer, would you rather hire a married father in his 30s with a track record of successful employment (me) or a 20 year old kid bouncing off the walls with no real employment history and no factors like a kid at home to motivate him to be responsible and show up for work?

I do see "white privilege" in other areas of life. Nobody follows me around a store, watching to see if I'm stealing. I've seen my black coworkers get treated with less respect when we go out to dinner or a bar. I won't dismiss the issue. But I won't use it as a way to excuse anyone else's behavior either...

Spikedriver
I stop at a little country gas station for gas all the time, never had to pay first, not once.
One day a black coworker picked me up to go to lunch, we stop at the station & they made him come in & pay first.
It was not because he had never been there before, because I pumped first my first time stopping there.
So yes, I have saw that happen to my friends too.

Where I come from, I didn't really get to exercise my white privilege in an economic sense. There weren't really any minorities around, so I wasn't competing with any minorities for jobs and such. That has changed a bit now with the influx of Hispanic peoples into Iowa, but even when I applied to the railroad, there were about 40 finalists for 3 jobs, and two finalists were non white. I know one had little chance from the get go, just from talking to him. Were you the hirer, would you rather hire a married father in his 30s with a track record of successful employment (me) or a 20 year old kid bouncing off the walls with no real employment history and no factors like a kid at home to motivate him to be responsible and show up for work?

I do see "white privilege" in other areas of life. Nobody follows me around a store, watching to see if I'm stealing. I've seen my black coworkers get treated with less respect when we go out to dinner or a bar. I won't dismiss the issue. But I won't use it as a way to excuse anyone else's behavior either...

Growing up in S TX I was the minority. Not only white but female in a male dominated culture. I've been followed in stores, talked down to at Auto Zone and completely ignored at a Ford dealer because I didn't have a man to speak for me. I don't blame every Hispanic in the country for the ignorance of a few though.

Growing up in S TX I was the minority. Not only white but female in a male dominated culture. I've been followed in stores, talked down to at Auto Zone and completely ignored at a Ford dealer because I didn't have a man to speak for me. I don't blame every Hispanic in the country for the ignorance of a few though.
I've worked on a couple gangs where Hispanics or Navajos were the single biggest group on the roster. I've seen white racists bully non whites at work, and I've seen non white groups bullying whites or refuse to carry their weight because they could intimidate whites into doing their share of the work. People suck sometimes, and people are cool sometimes, regardless of their group. I've learned that if I ask questions about a minority's culture or background, and let him tell about himself, it seems to establish a certain level of respect between us. Ive also learned to greet my Hispanic coworkers in Spanish and my Navaho coworkers in Navaho. In just those simple ways I've been able to make friends with all the different groups I work with. They also know that respect given is respect earned. I've had to make that clear on a couple occasions and it seems that all groups tend to respect it...

My wife never did car repair, her father, then myself or a pro. did it.
However, she worked in a med lab with a single woman who father taught her everything.
She buy a car, buy the repair manual & read it, so she would know when a repair person was lying to her.
DW followed her to drop her car off, so she could give the woman a ride to work.
The woman pulled the car up to the shop & got out, the attendant said run the engine so I can tell you whats wrong.
She replied,"It needs a tune-up, I could do it, but I do not have time, so you do it & I will pick the car tonight & pay you. The car was ready when they got back after work.

Twenty one years ago I got a part time job as a woodworker, to pay off a few bill, his wife & aunt owned 55% of the business, so the minority list would pick them up for state jobs.
Yes. The wife currently works for a company that does work for the government. Finally told one too many times that they liked the guy's work, but they could only hire him for a few jobs because he was a white man. He sold his company to his wife, and made her president. Voila! Minority owned. The business rolls in.

Yes, yes, tell me how the system in skewed in favor of the white male. :rolleyes:

Spikedriver
I stop at a little country gas station for gas all the time, never had to pay first, not once.
One day a black coworker picked me up to go to lunch, we stop at the station & they made him come in & pay first.
It was not because he had never been there before, because I pumped first my first time stopping there.
So yes, I have saw that happen to my friends too.
This is where the concepts of systemic racism and individual racism come in.

If that company has a policy of making blacks pump first, that is systemic racism.

If that company has a policy of treating people fairly, and the manager violates that policy by making them pump first, then that is individual racism which is in violation of systemic fairness.

We should be vigilant against both types of racism. And, the good news is that we have been almost totally successful against systemic racism in the United States. It is individual racism which will never disappear, but thankfully will only be successful in isolated, out of the way places.

The problem is individual racist acts (or non-racist violent acts) are called systemic racism when they aren't actually systemic. Always ask for an example of systemic racism when someone uses that term. Ask for a concrete example. They will usually struggle, and then provide an example of individual racism that was performed in violation of systemic fairness.

Latest posts

Back