Aloha Bread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
ALOHA LOAF (Hawaiian Banana Bread)

1/2c butter, softened
1c sugar
2 eggs
1/2c mashed ripe banana
2c flour
1t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
1/2t salt
1 - 8oz can crushed pineapple
1/2c shredded coconut

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Stir in banana. Sift together flour baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in pineapple and coconut. Pour into greased and floured 9" x 5" loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes . Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool.

*Notes*
I had to bake mine for the full 70 mins. You should start checking at the 60 min mark. Ovens vary you know.

The recipe doesn't say to drain the pineapple so I didn't.

Mine turned out very cake like and not dense like a lot of other quick breads.

Next time I would add a little more coconut. 1/2 cup didn't seem like enough to me

ALOHA LOAF (Hawaiian Banana Bread)

1/2c butter, softened
1c sugar
2 eggs
1/2c mashed ripe banana
2c flour
1t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
1/2t salt
1 - 8oz can crushed pineapple
1/2c shredded coconut

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Stir in banana. Sift together flour baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in pineapple and coconut. Pour into greased and floured 9" x 5" loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes . Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool.

*Notes*
I had to bake mine for the full 70 mins. You should start checking at the 60 min mark. Ovens vary you know.

The recipe doesn't say to drain the pineapple so I didn't.

Mine turned out very cake like and not dense like a lot of other quick breads.

Next time I would add a little more coconut. 1/2 cup didn't seem like enough to me
That sounds good!! Thanks for the great notes!!

I used to make corn bread with canned peach juice or pear juice as part of the liquid.. Never tried pineapple juice... Sounds good...

I would try the banana bread, but would just use coconut flavor.. I'm not a fan of shredded coconut..

Latest posts

Back