Alternative Health Documentaries

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzinSATX

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Over the last couple years, I have watched many very interesting health documentaries on both Netflix and Amazon Prime, These videos caused my family to begin to change our diets, and the results we are seeing are quite amazing and real. Benefits we are experiencing include better sleep, less joint pain, much better vital signs and lab results, and some weight loss. Based on these results, my wife and I are planning to kick things up a few notches after the holidays with more focus on food and more exercise.

So I'd like to share some of the documentaries we watched that really got us engaged and on an upward health trend after many years on the "deteriorating health slide to retirement".

DISCLOSURE: I DONOT BENEFIT IN ANY WAY FROM ANYONE WATCHING THESE VIDEOS. SOME/ALL ARE FREE TO YOU IF YOU HAVE NETFLIX OR AMAZON PRIME subscriptions.

I realize there may be folks on this forum who will see these documentaries are total lies and fallacy. I am NOT trying to upset anyone, nor am I going to argue anyone on the merits of these videos...I am merely making people aware they are out there and give a brief synopsis of my impressions, which are NOT from a medical trained background. If you watch and choose to follow any/some advice, you should probably consult with your doctor (although most doctors I've discussed this content with were totally unaware of much this information...)

I am only posting this information because most of it (that we have tried) is absolutely working in my small family of four and the friends who we shared it with who adopted these principles. We are all becoming plant based, whole food converts, slowly but surely.

NETFLIX VIDEOS:

1. FORKS OVER KNIVES: This video was such a paradigm shift, I initially thought it was full of crap. But the two main Doctors in the movie, Colin Campbell and Caldwell Estlesen, both lay out very convincing data on the benefits of a whole food-plant based diet with vivid facts and real life successes.

2. FOOD MATTERS: This video has some very interesting information on vitamins, superfoods, and pharmaceuticals.

3. FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DEAD: Ever see "Joe the Juicer" on the morning talk shows? This is the documentary that started it all, and followed 'Aussie' Joe Cross, a 40 something man with a chronic autoimmune disease on a 60 day juice fast across the United States. The first 30 days are spent in NY city, and then he takes off across America, where he runs into and helps some folks looking for healing as well.

4. PLANT PURE NATION: Somewhat of a continuation on the FORKS OVER KNIVES documentary, Dr Campbells son, also a doctor, heads out through the South and helps folks get started on a plant pure way of eating...and the results are medically documented and speak for themselves.

5. WHAT THE HEALTH: Folks, this video has caused an UPROAR on many health shows. And while many folk claim they have debunked the information on this documentary, the truth is the information many are putting out to debunk this documentary is all FAKE NEWS! This video is scary...I am warning you now...you will never look at a pork chop or glass of milk the same way again...

AMAZON PRIME VIDEOS:

1. SUPER JUICE ME: What happens when you take 8 chronically sick folks ranging in age from early 20's into late 60's and put them in a controlled environment where they only consume fresh juice for 28 days? Miracles...thats what. In this video, you get to watch the good and the bad...and ultimately how changing the way these folks ate may have truly saved their lives...

2. THE SCIENCE OF FASTING: This one really crushed some health paradigms I had. Did you know there are three stages to a "Fast" and that your body actually changes as you go through the fast in ways that both make your more efficient as heal faster? The video begins in Russia and goes to Germany where fasting is saving money while treating illness without side effects. It is an amazing video.

3. CANCER CAN BE KILLED: This documentary almost made my head explode with rage, not at the video, but at our government, the pharmaceutical industry, and the lies we are being sold daily. I have never been diagnosed with cancer, and hopefully, with the changes I am making in my lifestyle, never will. But if I ever am diagnosed, I am pretty sure that the first thing I will do is make some calls to the folks in this video and get some guidance how to follow their methods versus surrendering to the chemo-radiation-surgery nightmare that tears families apart, costs our Nation billions, and makes Big Pharma rich!

I've seen several of these. Some good here. Thank you for sharing this buzz.

Wow. I never have even heard of those before. As much as I'm scared to, I may have to start watching some. Thanks Buzz.

My biggest reason for sharing is that many on this board are like me...in or entering a phase of their lives where most of their youth is behind them and looking forward to enjoying their world ahead. That is much easier if your health is good.

These documentaries can open your eyes that it’s never too late to make drastic and almost immediate improvements in your health and quality of life. No gimmicks, just information anyone can act on simply choosing their foods more carefully.

Preach it brother! We are responsible for our own health and can take steps to make our lives better.

Like they say don't knock it till you have tried it.
There are all sorts of alternative health information available. My sister was told she had weeks to live after going through every type of cancer butcher/burn tactic and they all failed to cure her.
She did research and she went totally gluten free from then on. That was about 9 years ago and she doesn't have any cancer in her body today. She is retired and living a full life now.
99% of the people don't have a clue how they can cure their health problems. Just like today people that try to show how you can be healed are made out to be total nuts,quacks and are totally discredited. AMA and FDA can't make a dime on natural healing. Albert Einstein said " it's easier to fool a person than it is to convince them they have been fooled". Ain't that the truth?
Here is something you may not know. A naturopathic doctor{ND} goes through the same education in med school as an MD or a DO but just try and get any health insurance coverage to pay a dime of costs you have using an ND. Nope an ND is still thought of as less than a medical doctor.

I have celiac disease (wheat gluten allergy) and I’ll tell you gluten can cause a whole bunch of issues that get misdiagnosed as other thing.

Personally, I am convinced much of the issues including allergies and chronic disease today are caused largely by the quality of our foods. The common practices in commercial meat and dairy industries are scary, and the control the chemical and agricultural industries have with GMO’s, herbicides, and pesticides is beyond scary.

Even the “organic “ labels can be very misleading, so the best thing folks can do is educate ourselves from many different sources so we can take control of our choices.

Take care,

Latest posts

Back