Alternative Methods

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im a lil' jealous, lol
Steadypreppin sure makes my plan look like a turd! I must take myself back to the drawing board.

if your plans a turd, mines but a piece of corn lodged in said turd. rofl

if your plans a turd, mines but a piece of corn lodged in said turd. rofl
The problem I have is I am in OC, and getting to the desert or forest areas is going to be a major pain. My thought is to perhaps hang out for a few day until the people are gone, then try and work my way to where I need to go. The two major obstacles I have is both carrying fuel, and abandoned cars on the roads. Of course then roving gangs of thugs doesn't help either, but I hope I am leaving before they start banding together.

come up on some dirt bikes, or atvs.
tbh i think people will start pilladging before banding together.
you may only have a few hours to gtfo.

come up on some dirt bikes, or atvs.
tbh i think people will start pilladging before banding together.
you may only have a few hours to gtfo.
I do agree that my window of opportunity to get out safely will be somewhat limited. I am not sure how many people will take to the local hills in Orange county.
I am sure Irvine Lake will be fished clean in nothing flat. I also somehow have to get to where my ex-wife lives, 13 miles away, so I can get my son if i do not happen to have him when it all goes south.

tbh, i think getting your son to safty should be first priority.
feeding second.
if you look around theres plenty to eat, although not desirable.
heck, even ants are protine.
the problem is finding it before others do...... well and stomaching the nastyness of some other insects/food lol

tbh, i think getting your son to safty should be first priority.
feeding second.
if you look around theres plenty to eat, although not desirable.
heck, even ants are protine.
the problem is finding it before others do...... well and stomaching the nastyness of some other insects/food lol
He is priority number 1 to be sure. luckily if i get him from school there is a farm across the street and if it has been attacked
quickly, i might can grab some chickens, duck, pig, cow, if worse comes to worse a horse will do.

lol ya any meat will do, heck ill even eat lizard lol
you ever thought about caging 2 rabbits, in different cages for now, and breeding your food?

lol ya any meat will do, heck ill even eat lizard lol
you ever thought about caging 2 rabbits, in different cages for now, and breeding your food?
I thought about it, but the only place I would be able to store them is in the garage, and that wouldn't go well in the summer. I don't have a yard and the little area i do have the association still regulates. They tried telling me I couldn't have a hose outside. I told them where they could stick the nozzle and that I would remove it when all the other owners did the same and since there are some 400 homes n this development, they would be busy. I have yet to hear from them again.

HA! ROFL!
screw'em! do you have power in your garage? if so you could place a fan in there for rabbits, or heck, just keep'em in a cage in your house somewhere.

HA! ROFL!
screw'em! do you have power in your garage? if so you could place a fan in there for rabbits, or heck, just keep'em in a cage in your house somewhere.
In the house?!?! That would go over like a fart in church with the wife.

ROFL!
ya but how much will she be complaining when shes eaten rabbit, instead of starving?

ROFL!
ya but how much will she be complaining when shes eaten rabbit, instead of starving?
Well since I'm the only carnivore in the house, She might complain a lot... Lol

ROFL!
Well since I'm the only carnivore in the house, She might complain a lot... Lol

so...... you already have rabbits in your house? ROFL!

so...... you already have rabbits in your house? ROFL!
No not yet, and I do not foresee any in the near future either.

The most reliable transportation is the LPC (Leather Personnel Carrier) when all else fails. Be prepared to hump it in and out. Carry with you only that which you need. Stay light and stay in shape. I personnaly hope this is not the case because it would really suck, but walking must be considered as a possiblity.

The most reliable transportation is the LPC (Leather Personnel Carrier) when all else fails. Be prepared to hump it in and out. Carry with you only that which you need. Stay light and stay in shape. I personnaly hope this is not the case because it would really suck, but walking must be considered as a possiblity.
I have completely rewritten my family's exercise plan. It was a a little harder to find something to get the kids involved with, but now that summer is coming swimming will soon be more accessible.

I like the LPC reference! It has been many moons since the last time I heard or even used that saying, but it is a keeper.

Good food for thought. Trying to find a carburetor style engine maybe a bit difficult these days.....
I would like a late 1970's or early 80's SUV of some sort. Less computer crap on board and less smog stuff too.
If you can find something that still has points and a coil not electronic ignition,emps will take out the electronic ignition in most 70s or early 80s cars & trucks

on carberated motors, wood burning hydrogen can run them too.

is there some sort of aparatus that is made specifically for sphyoning (spelling?) gas from vehicles?

is there some sort of aparatus that is made specifically for sphyoning (spelling?) gas from vehicles?
Here is what I found on Amazon. Hope this helps. Also check your local auto parts store

Gas Siphon on amazon!

Here is what I found on Amazon. Hope this helps. Also check your local auto parts store

Gas Siphon on amazon!
Thanks! I assumed they made something for it! I def don't wanna be inhaling or drinking gas by accident while attempting to syphon lol

Thanks! I assumed they made something for it! I def don't wanna be inhaling or drinking gas by accident while attempting to syphon lol
I'm glad you asked about it as I needed to get one too.
The thought of accidentally drinking it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

To Consider An Alternative Fuel Source IS Good Medicine, but don't forget about the Obvious Fuel,...Gasoline !....At some point there will be abandoned vehicles (and bodies) littering certain areas, because they couldn't move, due to stopped-up , clogged roads....Ergo .Fuel Source....You need a portable hand crank pump (Oil Grade) with rubber flexible (Oil Grade again) hose (approx 1/4 " ID and about 5ft in length) and small containers to siphon the gas into,...I have one ready to go, and I put it together for under $50.00 !!.......

Latest posts

Back