Another central Texan?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texican

Friend
Neighbor
New here, but old-time prepper.

More interested in long-term food stores and meals from those stores. Also want to grow gardening skills. Don't care about or have time for politics / games: a friend has a saying, "you can't fix stupid" and that applies to such topics (for me, I think our nation is screwed, but you are free to do as you please). In general, I like animals more than most people as animals have committed far less violence against me over the decades. But I enjoy intelligent conversations with like-minded folks.

Welcome from Alaska! There are lots of great thread on those topics already, so feel free to resurrect them or create your own.

I think on this forum you need to request to join the political sub forum, so it is easy to not have to look at them if you don’t want to.

New here, but old-time prepper.

More interested in long-term food stores and meals from those stores. Also want to grow gardening skills. Don't care about or have time for politics / games: a friend has a saying, "you can't fix stupid" and that applies to such topics (for me, I think our nation is screwed, but you are free to do as you please). In general, I like animals more than most people as animals have committed far less violence against me over the decades. But I enjoy intelligent conversations with like-minded folks.
So hang on a minute: I think maybe you Texans are all at the same campfire posting saying "Oh that's great. Hang on, here hold my beer. I've gotta post." 😂 And with that silliness, welcome aboard!
@Pearl @Patchouli @txcatlady (I know there are more)

Welcome, some times we are referred to as Texas north, does that count LL
there is a pile of knowledge here and perhaps some humor

So hang on a minute: I think maybe you Texans are all at the same campfire posting saying "Oh that's great. Hang on, here hold my beer. I've gotta post." 😂 And with that silliness, welcome aboard!
@Pearl @Patchouli @txcatlady (I know there are more)
I'll hold the beers!

And WELCOME FROM NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS!!!

Thx. As long as it's not Austin... that town is worse than Sodom & Gomorrah! If you're near it, move further.

I appreciate all the welcomes. Time is short, our nation is failing before our eyes. It is a long time coming. I can't change the path of a nation, but I can prepare my little island. I'm not going to try to convince anyone and I have no time for debating things. My discussions will be around prepping, and I have a fair bit of experience to help others.

Thx. As long as it's not Austin... that town is worse than Sodom & Gomorrah! If you're near it, move further.

I appreciate all the welcomes. Time is short, our nation is failing before our eyes. It is a long time coming. I can't change the path of a nation, but I can prepare my little island. I'm not going to try to convince anyone and I have no time for debating things. My discussions will be around prepping, and I have a fair bit of experience to help others.
Might check out the “what I added to my preps today “ thread and “what shortages are you seeing “ thread. We’ve been pretty good at letting others know if we either find a good deal &/or see an upcoming shortage.

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

Welcome to the neighborhood, @Texican from north central Texas. :camping:
Oh no! Not 'north' CT! :) South side of CT. I've got excellent soil. Fairly easy to grow crops. Moderate rain (but not really enough). No limestone. NOT near Austin. Just clarifying, because I'm not living on limestone, not immediately around a military base (ok, in all fairness, we do have plenty of them around here), not the Georgetown-to-Waco region. For someone from Idaho, it doesn't matter much. But locally it is very, very different.

Welcome from a southern Texan, at least from you.
Oh no! Not 'north' CT! :) South side of CT. I've got excellent soil. Fairly easy to grow crops. Moderate rain (but not really enough). No limestone. NOT near Austin. Just clarifying, because I'm not living on limestone, not immediately around a military base (ok, in all fairness, we do have plenty of them around here), not the Georgetown-to-Waco region. For someone from Idaho, it doesn't matter much. But locally it is very, very different.
Well, I will say welcome from piney woods of central Texas. Not really in piney woods as I am slightly west of them. Hard to describe without giving my location

Latest posts

Back