Another central Texan?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love going to Bolivar. One of my favorite places. Several hours away. 30 miles inland and I would go on my lunch break every day!
Ha. . My 30 miles is by the crow flies. It takes about an hour drive from where I am at. Bolivar is not what it used to be. You know Roll Over got filled in? No more fishing there. Our Beach Property is not far from there.

Love going to Bolivar. One of my favorite places. Several hours away. 30 miles inland and I would go on my lunch break every day!
Hubby and I would go camp on the unrestricted beach on the Bolivar Peninsula when we were young. Haven't been down there in nearly 20yrs, wonder how much it has changed?

Welcome. Former Dallasite and Austinite here...although it has been many years. I think both have grown immensely since I lived there, and I know Austin has gotten crazier...although I was maybe closer to Round Rock than downtown Austin. Where are the good places to live in Texas as far as a prepper is concerned?

I'm kind of an East Texas guy. I like the green. Wife was more of a Hill Country gal...but the lack of water worries me.

As it is, we had to leave Texas for my job. Maybe the birth certificates of our kids will get us back in some day. :)

Welcome. Former Dallasite and Austinite here...although it has been many years. I think both have grown immensely since I lived there, and I know Austin has gotten crazier...although I was maybe closer to Round Rock than downtown Austin. Where are the good places to live in Texas as far as a prepper is concerned?

I'm kind of an East Texas guy. I like the green. Wife was more of a Hill Country gal...but the lack of water worries me.

As it is, we had to leave Texas for my job. Maybe the birth certificates of our kids will get us back in some day. :)

You know it. West Texas is desolate. West of I-35 is great if you can eat limestone & drink cedar. South Texas is already a war zone, pre-SHTF. NE Texas is the only option. Away from Houston.

Thx. As long as it's not Austin... that town is worse than Sodom & Gomorrah! If you're near it, move further.

I appreciate all the welcomes. Time is short, our nation is failing before our eyes. It is a long time coming. I can't change the path of a nation, but I can prepare my little island. I'm not going to try to convince anyone and I have no time for debating things. My discussions will be around prepping, and I have a fair bit of experience to help others.
I'm reminded of an old saying when Gunsmoke was popular on TV, "Just so the world doesn't fall apart while I'm watching Gunsmoke." Yeah, I keep hearing that Trump is going to pull our arse out of the fire", my question is, if he couldn't do it the first time what makes you think another four years will do any good. Politics is just like pouring gasoline on a fire. I'm with you on trying to help people prep, especially since the price of doing anything, prepping wise, is really getting expensive, I'm helping some friends get a small solar backup system together and a lot of the things that are vital, like the golf cart batteries, have more than doubled in price since we completed our solar standby system in 2019. You've found a good place to be, people here are level headed and things run on an even keel, never seen anyone get ticked off to the point of wanting to tear someones throat out.

Ha. . My 30 miles is by the crow flies. It takes about an hour drive from where I am at. Bolivar is not what it used to be. You know Roll Over got filled in? No more fishing there. Our Beach Property is not far from there.
I grew up with grandparents driving me from Houston to Freeport just for 1 day every summer. I love the beach. Husband won’t go. Said he has seen it once. His Aunt and Uncle had a beach house in Galveston and he went fishing with them.

I'm a Hill Country girl myself. I made sure both my girls were Texans but like you, work made us leave.

Welcome from Iowa!

I used to be married to an Austin girl. Well, Cedar Park, actually, but it's all the same to me. I can verify the Austin crazy. The only good things to come out of that town were Stevie Ray Vaughan and Austin City Limits. Oh, and that park with the spring fed swimming hole is kind of neat. Other than that, it pretty much lacks...

Just curious, but what is considered Central Texas? If we use Hwy 35(?) as the E/W divider, wouldn't the Temple/Belton be in the central part of Texas, or would it be up near Waco? I've been there a dozen times, never farther north than Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and been down to San Antonio and El Paso, but for the life of me, I just can't figure this one out?

Just curious, but what is considered Central Texas? If we use Hwy 35(?) as the E/W divider, wouldn't the Temple/Belton be in the central part of Texas, or would it be up near Waco? I've been there a dozen times, never farther north than Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and been down to San Antonio and El Paso, but for the life of me, I just can't figure this one out?
It can be confusing sometimes. That’s why I say piney woods. But I am west of piney woods. I am central east Texas. I live on land I grew up on. It does get broken up different way by different groups. I love being a Texan. I was born is San Antonio while my dad was in Army and mom taught in Garwood. Moved here when I as 9 months old.

Neither can we!!😁 If you are not in the panhandle, on the coast, near Lubbuck, or near Louisiana, you are in........ CENTRAL TEXAS!!

I thought we were talking about Texas not Alaska. ;)

Latest posts

Back