Another POS "professional sports player."

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
$100,000 robbery/home invasion by ex-basketball player.....Amazing how these wealthy ex-players seem to gravitate to rime, ain't it?

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...stealing-100000-in-violent-home-invasion.html

Excerpt: "A former NBA player was arrested Friday night for stealing $100,000 in cash during a Georgia home invasion that left a teenage resident with a broken nose, police said.

James Edward “J.J.” Hickson Jr. -- who was drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2008 – entered the residence located in Coweta County, through the side door and used a knife to attack the 17-year-old, police said, according to WSB-TV.

A law enforcement official told FOX 5 that “the victim was beat up pretty good.”

Hickson was charged with armed robbery in connection with a home invasion, the station reported. Authorities believe at least two other people were involved, however, as of Friday night Hickson is the only one currently facing charges.

Authorities said the former NBA player’s relationship to the victims was not immediately clear, WSB-TV reported.

The 29-year-old was a standout high school basketball before a successful eight-year NBA career that involved stints with the Cavaliers, Sacramento Kings, Portland Trail Blazers, Denver Nuggets and Washington Wizards, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution."

$100,000 robbery/home invasion by ex-basketball player.....Amazing how these wealthy ex-players seem to gravitate to rime, ain't it?

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...stealing-100000-in-violent-home-invasion.html

Excerpt: "A former NBA player was arrested Friday night for stealing $100,000 in cash during a Georgia home invasion that left a teenage resident with a broken nose, police said.

James Edward “J.J.” Hickson Jr. -- who was drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2008 – entered the residence located in Coweta County, through the side door and used a knife to attack the 17-year-old, police said, according to WSB-TV.

A law enforcement official told FOX 5 that “the victim was beat up pretty good.”

Hickson was charged with armed robbery in connection with a home invasion, the station reported. Authorities believe at least two other people were involved, however, as of Friday night Hickson is the only one currently facing charges.

Authorities said the former NBA player’s relationship to the victims was not immediately clear, WSB-TV reported.

The 29-year-old was a standout high school basketball before a successful eight-year NBA career that involved stints with the Cavaliers, Sacramento Kings, Portland Trail Blazers, Denver Nuggets and Washington Wizards, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution."
He probably had some inside information about the cash, because who keeps that much cash around, except maybe a drug dealer?

The comments after the article are often so good. People can say it like they see it. 100s of comments, these are just a few.

"No amount of money can change someone who was probably raised by a single mother that never taught them right and wrong. A father to a son is the most key factor to raising a man. Just like a Mother to a daughter is the key factor to raising a woman. Very simple concept to understand."

"Made 27 million on NBA contacts, more on sponsorships, and is out breaking and entering homes and committing armed robbery. Watching a documentary on this subject I believe they said 60% of all NBA players will end up in a similar situation. Not the B&E but the flat broke part, within six years of leaving the NBA. Be smart like MIchael Jordan, leave all those "friends" behind. Once you are broke, no more friends. According to the Documentary that seems to be athletes biggest problem, get rich, have too many friends. You know what I would buy for my friends? No gold plated cell phones, no cars or houses, none of that garbage. I have a friend who is a welder, I would buy him a welding rig, there, now you have a job, self employed, don't come back for anything else. I would also buy giant locks to keep out all the friends and family I never heard of before I got rich and someone to answer my calls just to say NO. "Hi, is Bob there? NO. Can you ask BOB....NO. Is Bob going to be...NO. Do you even know Bob?....NO.". 12 bucks an hour and all you have to do is say the word NO."

"We used to have a term for people like this, back in the day, but I can't say it here. You know, the kind that like to drive around in a luxury car when their house is nothing more than a chicken coop. They blow it all on flash and nothing of substance."

"Too bad the 17-year-old did not have a gun."

"Pretty sad this person couldn't figure out how to leverage the money he was paid in the NBA into a lifetime of happiness without having to struggle to make ends meet. Instead he'll be incarcerated for much of the rest of his time on earth I'm guessing? Can't fix stupid!"

"The best years of their lives are the ones that they live a structured life as athletes. Take that life away and they have no foundation, and no character to live successful lives and build upon the financial success of the NBA career, without going the opposite way and falling into crime. Idleness is the mother of all vices as they say."

"A hundred grand in cash laying around? Me thinks there's more to this story than was reported!"

"Just proves lack of a good job and money isn't the problem for liberal blacks violence."

Latest posts

Back