Anybody seen inside the ISS?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
What a bunch of hillbilly-looking Afro-technology! It looks worse than my Dad's old CB room with all the exposed wires, Jerry rigged and spliced in equipment! If aliens happen to drop by I hope they're appropriately ashamed... Unless the great Gazoo has empty beer cans hit the ground when he gets out.
Look at this mess! If a PBR can floated by it would be complete! how the hell is that thing even still up there with this mess? I have got to show this to my buds next time they drop by, they said it "Looked like a stack of garbage cans with wings!"
Afr0-tech ISS.png

Where does the old guy go for his haircuts, and why doesn't he take Jr. with him?

What a bunch of hillbilly-looking Afro-technology! It looks worse than my Dad's old CB room with all the exposed wires, Jerry rigged and spliced in equipment! If aliens happen to drop by I hope they're appropriately ashamed... Unless the great Gazoo has empty beer cans hit the ground when he gets out.
Look at this mess! If a PBR can floated by it would be complete! how the hell is that thing even still up there with this mess? I have got to show this to my buds next time they drop by, they said it "Looked like a stack of garbage cans with wings!"
View attachment 121900
Ummm, dude, my home office often looks like that when I'm up to no good. But I have gravity. And no PBR cans.

Yes, it's organized chaos: I know where everything is. If someone comes in and moves stuff, I'm screwed.

View attachment 121900

The ISS has been operated more than 20yrs. Every flight up has carried equipment, new or upgraded. No matter how well designed, until its installed no one knows for sure the best way to use or service the equipment. The best way to route cables, which connections need more access that others. Also, serviceability and operator use changes with every major science project they run. It’s a continually evolving pile of gear...

You’re just seeing the equipment with the covers off. As a service guy, if I had no customers, covers are the first thing I’d jettison out the airlock. There are no customers up there.

Equipment with the covers on… nice for customers to see but a pain in the butt for everyone else. (I actually installed this system)

Catscan c100 3.jpg

Same equipment without the covers… no customers so who cares? Easier to service and upgrade.(worked on this stuff most of my life).

Catscan c100 4.jpg

The ISS has been operated more than 20yrs. Every flight up has carried equipment, new or upgraded. No matter how well designed, until its installed no one knows for sure the best way to use or service the equipment. The best way to route cables, which connections need more access that others. Also, serviceability and operator use changes with every major science project they run. It’s a continually evolving pile of gear...

You’re just seeing the equipment with the covers off. As a service guy, if I had no customers, covers are the first thing I’d jettison out the airlock. There are no customers up there.

Equipment with the covers on… nice for customers to see but a pain in the butt for everyone else. (I actually installed this system)

View attachment 121924

Same equipment without the covers… no customers so who cares? Easier to service and upgrade.(worked on this stuff most of my life).

View attachment 121925
Aint that the truth. Other than customer views, it is a safety feature. But hinders servicing

O.K. I give up. What does all of that stuff do? Kind of looks like my basement. :dunno:

Latest posts

Back