Anyone ever make CARAMEL

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you looking for a caramel sauce or a chewy candy?
Neither actually. I did a quick search before starting the thread, and there are a few ways to make it. Both appeared well above my ability. Just wondering if it is really hard to make. And how members are doing it.

What your desired end product is will be factor in whether you make a dry caramel or a wet caramel. Dry can be a little bit tricker to master but both require a lot of attention—you never put it on and walk away.

Also, sugar burns can be worse than steam burns.

I used to make it quite a bit but it’s been quite a while (because if I make it- logically I must eat it 🤭). I don’t recall it being difficult but I agree not to leave it. Also, I used to have a recipe that could be made in the microwave but I haven’t had a microwave for several years so don’t know that I kept it. Also, if you do make it, a little vanilla in it really is nice- just adds a little more flavor.

I've heard there is instructions on how to simmer a can of sweetened condensed milk in a pan of water that turns it to caramel..

I have to suspect... The dangerous part would be doing this and not exploding the can...

I’ve done it but the last time my hair was a different color so I can’t give you directions. The people telling you to pay attention are right. It wasn’t hard but you stay with it. It burns easily and if you get any on you it sticks like glue and cooks you. You don’t cook sweetened condensed milk in a sealed can. Remove it from the can and use a double boiler.

I've heard there is instructions on how to simmer a can of sweetened condensed milk in a pan of water that turns it to caramel..

I have to suspect... The dangerous part would be doing this and not exploding the can...

Yes, I did this once.. (and yes, in a sealed can) and was successful. But watch videos of the failures first so you're extra careful! lol

Latest posts

Back