Anyone have any input here??

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
A while back I picked up what I think is a Gerber mini-machete at the Flea Market for $15. The sheath says "Gerber," but there is no name on the machete itself, just a little symbol. Can anyone identify the mini-machete?

20180725_220634.jpg
20180725_220619.jpg
20180725_220613.jpg
20180725_220609.jpg
20180725_220619.jpg

Last year I sold several types of Gerber's at the outdoor market. I'm no expert tho, but I know they sell very well.

My guess is your knife is a gerber sheath and gator machete. I can't really size it from the pictures, but since you posted "mini", it might be a junior?

Gerber Sheath and Gator Machete Jr, Nylon
$20 online
Machete · Gerber
Built just as tough as the Gator Machete, the Junior is shorter and more packable. The two-sided blade has both a fine edge for hacking brush and vines and a rough cut saw edge for cutting branches and small trees. It's a high-carbon steel shaft with a Gator grip handle. For back-country travel, when every bit of weight is accounted for, the Gator Jr. is the right machete. Item number 31-000759. « less

Edit Post: Having trouble posting picture.

Gerber Sheath and Gator Machete Jr, Nylon
$20 online
Machete · Gerber
Built just as tough as the Gator Machete, the Junior is shorter and more packable. The two-sided blade has both a fine edge for hacking brush and vines and a rough cut saw edge for cutting branches and small trees. It's a high-carbon steel shaft with a Gator grip handle. For back-country travel, when every bit of weight is accounted for, the Gator Jr. is the right machete. Item number 31-000759. « less

Edit Post: Having trouble posting picture.

Seems to work well, but does need sharpening quite frequently. Softer grade of steel I'm thinking, but does hold a good edge for a while.

Yup, Gerber Gator Jr. Seems like more of a big knife than a machete. Never used the Jr. but I've used the big Gator. It's good on thin stuff but not so much for hacking bigger wood...

Yeah, it is more "big knife" than anything else, though it will chop small stuff......guess I'll get my money's worth out of it....flea market jobber.

Latest posts

Back