Anyone have experience with "Go Fund ME"..........???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have donated a couple times with no issues. That's about it.

I know some have been busted for fraud, so always good to validate that the "go fund me" is legit. That said, I have helped a few in need via this method.

This does not directly involve a person. But more or less a human safety involve project. And a very small project at that. Is there a better way to fund a short term, fairly inexpensive project.......that is in a local (local being a key word here) Safety motivated.

I'm a bit lost on the needs you are looking for, but if you'd rather keep it on the low key, feel free to send me a private conversation and we can "think tank" your issue.

We need to cull/harvest reduce the over population of bears in one small area. To do this, we need to motivate/induce/encourage city hunters to come be active in this project. It has to get done in six week period. It is legal, but will require some money for both inducement and very limited advertising, some small amount of supplies. We are overrun with excess bears. A few months ago my neighbor was mauled and eaten by a Grizzly Bear, in our backyard. We have the DNA of the Grizzly.

My loose goal is to get that bear terminated, and maybe a doze more. It really is a danger, but government is not going to deal with the problem. They did cull four bears in two days, but that was more "Public Relations", then problem solving. This is an isolated very rural village with about ten humans and 38 Grizzly Bears, and 47 Black Bears.

Last edited:
First, you need the buy in from your local wildlife management organization, to determine whether this is feasible, or found to be a protected species. Sometimes, they are just oblivious to local issues, since they deal with hundreds or thousands of square miles to manage.

Ten residents means ten brown bear tags. I don't know if you can proxy hunt any bears but if we can you can have my bear tags.

First, you need the buy in from your local wildlife management organization, to determine whether this is feasible, or found to be a protected species. Sometimes, they are just oblivious to local issues, since they deal with hundreds or thousands of square miles to manage.

There is a spring hunting season for this. Just need to motivate city hunters to come help. I would not waste thirty seconds of my live attempting to motivate government to consider helping.

Ten residents means ten brown bear tags. I don't know if you can proxy hunt any bears but if we can you can have my bear tags.

Good idea.....but these are not that type people.

I can probably find the time to get a bear tag and come help get one. I don't eat brown bear, so are there mushers in the area who will take the meat for their dogs? I wouldn't want to waste the bear. I know we have already had bear maulings this year, so I understand your predicament.

To me, it sounds like you have legal authority, but just lacking eligible hunters to take out the tags. In this case, Spend a few hours on "Photo Shop" or other software, making a nice looking explanation flyer, then either hand out the flyers, pay kids to hand out the flyers, or there are professional companies who will charge a nominal fee to walk the flyers door to door. This is a great reason for a Go Fund Me account, 1) to spread the word locally, and 2) to actively collect funds to either help pay for the tags or spend the money to hire a service to go door to door to explain the dangers of the bears and the benefits of harvesting them.

Havasu.........I appreciate the help. But that is never "ever" going to happen. Way-way-way to complex. No time for that sixe project.

If you can put something together I'll forward it to a young hunter that I know. His sister lost a good friend to a bear three or four years ago. He probably knew her also. I don't know if he has the time but ke loves to hunt. As you know, as long as you take the hide or the meat it is a legal shoot.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back