Anyone have the pleasure of sharing space with one?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curmudgeon

In Remembrance Jan 2024
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am truly hoping to bring this little guy home a week from Sunday.

upload_2018-7-25_14-28-45.jpeg

upload_2018-7-25_14-28-57.jpeg

Well, duh. Should be "pleasure". Odd I can't edit the title.

A fine looking specimen... lean with a good stance.

I grew up with Shepards...last one we owned was named Sheba.

All my pics of her are film pics...never did scan them into this laptop.

That would be a Belgian Malinois (Mal-in-wah), AKA Maligator, lol.

I have been reading and researching them going on 2 years now ever since I met one on the coast of Maine while my Grandson and I were looking for Forrest Gump at the lighthouse, lol.

I have been actively seeking one for quite a while, there are literally thousands of them in rescues across the country waiting for a good home.

This guy's name is Zeus, I am truly hoping this one works out, he's been trained by a PD K-9 handler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...you got to admit it looks like a Shep by it head !!

But, I could tell by the coloring and tail you were gonna come back with a different breed.

And I waited patiently to be corrected.

:popcorn:

Well...you got to admit it looks like a Shep by it head !!

But, I could tell by the coloring and tail you were gonna come back with a different breed.

And I waited patiently to be corrected.

:popcorn:

Well, you weren't entirely off. They are a separate breed from the shepherd family, though some put them in the category of Belgian Shepherds.

I really love having a dog. Right now it's just been more sensible to have cats since I'm away from the primary residence so much and we have 2. I love the cats to but it's just not like having a dog. In a few years when my secondary residence becomes my primary I plan on having a pit or two. Properly breed I think they are the best dogs ever ......... I just can't have an animal I can't spend the time with I should though......great looking pup there.

Just got back from Ohio!

Now I need to find his off switch, lol!

upload_2018-8-4_17-51-46.jpeg

Sad to lose our friends.

I would recommend looking into this breed (read up first) there are thousands of them in rescues all across the nation.

This dog is totally awesome, agile, full of piss and vinegar, SMART and just all around fun!

Well............doggone it, I did it again.

We just adopted this AKC Belgian Malinois on Saturday. What a good pup.

Meet Chase, 13 months old.

Chase sittin pretty.jpg

And I have to say this guy is the most awesome dog I have had the pleasure of living with.

It took a few months for him to relax, but wow what a great companion.

upload_2019-5-20_17-41-50.jpeg

Latest posts

Back