Anyone watching today's Superbowl?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching, I like football. None of the nonsense around it, I don't watch pregame, halftime, or any of that. But I like football games, the athleticism, the strategy, the rhythm of it. I just find it soothing for some reason. Don't care about personalities, don't care who wins (though I do mildly root for the Lions), just like to watch the game.

Not really watching, but I do have it on. San Francisco is up 19-16, but Kansas City is inside the 20 with 9 seconds to play. Looks like it could be overtime.

Tied at 19 with 3 seconds left.

Final was 22 25 with KC winning.

Taylor Swift scored 13 replays by my count.

I liked the Hulu couch potato commercial.

I also learned that "wicked" is coming out around Thanksgiving. I loved that musical live.

Everything they advertised for TV shows were lame.

"Temu" spent a load in advertising.

KC stopped 49ers from earning 6th Super Bowl.

It was good but I am done with broadcast until next year.

Ben

Final was 22 25 with KC winning.

Taylor Swift scored 13 replays by my count.

I liked the Hulu couch potato commercial.

I also learned that "wicked" is coming out around Thanksgiving. I loved that musical live.

Everything they advertised for TV shows were lame.

"Temu" spent a load in advertising.

KC stopped 49ers from earning 6th Super Bowl.

It was good but I am done with broadcast until next year.

Ben
And...

The survivor comercial was gagging wokeness. ( insert puke emoji here).

Ben

The whole strategy of football seems to be "not to play the game". They do everything they can to run down the clock (while doing nothing) - standing around, running out of bounds (or throwing the ball there), calling timeouts, feigning injuries. Who would want to watch that? I was mildly interested in turning it on to find out what position Taylor Swift plays since she's been getting so much media coverage leading up to the game, but I couldn't even bring myself to do that. So I just cooked and washed dishes instead.

I'm watching, I like football. None of the nonsense around it, I don't watch pregame, halftime, or any of that. But I like football games, the athleticism, the strategy, the rhythm of it. I just find it soothing for some reason. Don't care about personalities, don't care who wins (though I do mildly root for the Lions), just like to watch the game.
The lions? I thought that went out with the Romans. Perhaps I should check out football after all.

The whole strategy of football seems to be "not to play the game". They do everything they can to run down the clock (while doing nothing) - standing around, running out of bounds (or throwing the ball there), calling timeouts, feigning injuries. Who would want to watch that? I was mildly interested in turning it on to find out what position Taylor Swift plays since she's been getting so much media coverage leading up to the game, but I couldn't even bring myself to do that. So I just cooked and washed dishes instead.
Exactly, that’s what I was thinking! Why I asked, “Taylor Swift played?” But no, I just kept on with my class time. Bunch of pansies!

I only watched the last two minutes and the overtime. Didn't even have the sound on, but I didn't miss much. I really didn't care who won, but must admit I loathe anything from a city that gave us Nancy Pelosi, Kamala Harris, and Gavin Newsome. They can all wallow in their own you know what.

Go Chiefs!!

We watched the game. It was a very close game and I don’t watch football all season but I do like the Super Bowl. I even enjoyed the half time show and the commercials. I did get up a few times to make dinner during the show.

I only watched the last two minutes and the overtime. Didn't even have the sound on, but I didn't miss much. I really didn't care who won, but must admit I loathe anything from a city that gave us Nancy Pelosi, Kamala Harris, and Gavin Newsome. They can all wallow in their own you know what.

Go Chiefs!!
Even though the overtime was the most active part of the game there were still very few big, entertaining plays. It was, overall, a slow and less than exciting game.

I agree with this. That’s why I don’t watch football very often. My oldest son played soccer into adulthood and I much prefer soccer. Non stop action and those players are real athletes, running constantly. And I also agree, the coverage in Taylor Swift was very annoying. Maybe that was the most interesting part of the game?

I quit watching football when the players quit standing for our national anthom. And then the pay they expect is ridiculous.
Our family had a bonfire, hotdogs, smores n drinks. And the kids sledding n running around with the snogos. It was a fun day

Do you care about the game? Me, I do like KC, but honestly I am more concerned about the commercials. I'm making some chili, and cooking a Tri Tip with BBQ'ed veggies. I invited my Brother in Law, who lost his wife 8 months ago, but it will be low key, whether he is here or not.
When they can figure out that there's only ONE national anthem in the United States, then I'll start caring about football again.

When they can figure out that there's only ONE national anthem in the United States, then I'll start caring about football again.
... and they have to stop kneeling for the real one and standing for the fake one too! The game will still be boring then, but at least the players might appear more respectable.

I did, too. But, the WOKE crowd didn't like them. They said that the money spent on the commercials should have been used on housing the homeless. Can I say, "hypocrite!"

Mad at the WOKE crowd. Not at you. The money those players make is obscene. The 49ers total team salary this year was over $158 MILLION. Think how many homeless you could house and feed with a small portion of that.

Latest posts

Back