Are you dressed suave and dabonaire ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
I figured out how to make a leather necktie

image.jpg

IMG_1277.jpeg

IMG_1276.jpeg

I wore suits and ties my whole life. Now, the less times I have to wear a tie, the better.

My first day at work in my "real job" after college, I showed up wearing a tie. My new boss grabbed a pair of scissors and cut it off right in the middle with the admonishment "Don't ever do THAT again!" Thank God for those scissors, the tie was one of those really wide gaudy colored monstrosities from the 70's - I probably looked like something from the Sonny and Cher show.

Nowadays, well, I'm gonna go upstairs and scrounge the kitchen for some lunch item soon (it's 12:30). I'm thinking of maybe getting out of my robe first. Not sure about that yet.

I have ties, but if you are not dead, or getting married, you wont see me in one. Same with my Tux, we just dont do that stuff anymore.
Your comment about the Tux reminded me I did wear a Tux for work for awhile. I was the pit boss of 5 charity blackjack tables in the RVA area back in 88-90ish. Which meant I drove to 5 clubs and gave the dealers breaks and picked up the take and delivered it to the owner. Believe it or not she was Miss Playboy bunny 1972 or whatever it was called. Marsha something or another I can't remember.

Your comment about the Tux reminded me I did wear a Tux for work for awhile. I was the pit boss of 5 charity blackjack tables in the RVA area back in 88-90ish. Which meant I drove to 5 clubs and gave the dealers breaks and picked up the take and delivered it to the owner. Believe it or not she was Miss Playboy bunny 1972 or whatever it was called. Marsha something or another I can't remember.
The name escapes, but I'm sure some details remain :p

The name escapes, but I'm sure some details remain :p
She kinda gave me the creeps of course I wasn't but 17 when I started working for her and almost 21 when I quit. Not once did anyone ask my age and you had to be 21 to be in clubs then. She looked like a short blond Elvira at the time.

How about some kevlar? make it a dual purpose. I dress up sometimes to throw people off my trail.
A good solid loose fitting heavy suit jacket from a thrift store can carry a lot of stuff and not look like a tactical vest..
I read about a new kevlar. That is do light you can make t shirts from it

Suits are for church, Business, weddings & funerals. Maybe important dating, not every day dating.
I wear comfortable things for the weather, warm for cold, not like Caribou@, but warm for South Carolina.
Cool for summer, nothing sleeveless, but cool in hot weather, I burn before I tan, so long paints, mostly jeans.
Long sleeve shirts for casual business or dinner out, Tee shirts, most where gifts.
You don't know what to give a man, give him a Tee shirt.

Suit and clip on tie for my first wedding in 1980...

Dress up clothes, costume of an 1870 underground gold miner in the Canadian bush gold mining camp.. This in the original 1870 Anglican church at the mining camp turned provincial park.. The staff all in costume played off us and we did our best to respond in kind to them.. The tourists didn't know who was who let alone what was going on...

Otherwise.. I dress ..bush seasonal..

My brother wears a tux to work (symphony orchestra) and he had the NERVE to tell me he has cut his own hair for 30 years because "it's fine if you don't care how you look". Yup. He said that.

Leather tie? No, please. My dad, from Texas, wore a string tie. No to that too.

I normally don't do "dressed-up" .... on those rare occasions - nobody recognizes me. lol

My gift is roasting suave and dabonaire marshmallows over a campfire. You know - that golden brown skin with a warm and creamy inside. Paradise on a stick. :)

Last edited:
Suave and Debonaire? Not hardly. An unmade bed would be a more apt description.

Latest posts

Back