Are you REALLY prepared?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Second. Received a notice from the State Department of Motor Vehicles that my driver's license has been suspended for ninety days! According to the State's records I didn't have insurance coverage when I had an accident four months ago. I've got proof of insurance in my hand. Called my Insurance Agent. They will get it straighten out today, be another day or two before the State removes the suspension. I'm told that sometimes the investigation Officer transposes the vehicle VIN number on his report. Or (IMHO) the State employee goofed or my insurance Agent....

Monday morning the Insurance Agent said they would mail AND email me proof that they responded and asked for correction from the DMV. To date I've haven't received any email (even checked my junk email folder). Checked the DMV web site, my suspension has been removed. Wonder if the DMV website uses the same database an LEO uses when they check a Driver's license. Logically it should be the same database but I don't believe government entities use logic.

You might be able to get a very decent price for that tub!!! It is all the rage for some to have that style. Try selling it on dreaded fakebook
I have had a few people suggest that I take it out and replace it with something more modern. Since I live in a Victorian home, it really fits the style. One of the challenges is that it is a 5 foot tub. I am 5' 8" and daughter is 5' 11". For us tall gals, it is not the best place to take a bath, but given the space that it fits in, we can never have a tub larger than a 5 footer, unless there is a major redo in the bathroom. That is possible, because it used to be a bedroom and is 9 x 13.

I did consider moving it to the backyard and making a small water garden in it with plants and fish. That may actually happen one day after other work gets done back there. That is another story.

Monday morning the Insurance Agent said they would mail AND email me proof that they responded and asked for correction from the DMV. To date I've haven't received any email (even checked my junk email folder). Checked the DMV web site, my suspension has been removed. Wonder if the DMV website uses the same database an LEO uses when they check a Driver's license. Logically it should be the same database but I don't believe government entities use logic.
Several years ago the DMV messed up and their answer was to suspend my license. I filed a complaint with the Ombudsman and got my license restored. Five years later they tried to mess with me upon my next renewal. I tried to call the Ombudsman again and the gal there seemed less interested in helping. I said that she may not be interested in helping me but she might care that this was in retaliation from their helping me five years ago. My problem went away.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back