Attention Members: Carbon Media Is Posting as Old Users

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Internet Constable
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
It has been brought to our attention that someone from the Carbon Media Sites has been using an old user name associated with our own administrator Keith. The user name is "notdku" and we have been told this member has been lurking around on some of the old sites impersonating Keith, like Glock Forum, RugerTalk Forum, as well as FirearmsTalk Forum. I also heard that the user name "Austin" has been recently used, even though Austin has been gone for a few weeks now.

Does any of our members have any personal knowledge of this? If so, please let us know with a reply on this thread.

Thanks,
Havasu

I haven’t seen him lurking about, but there’s this...

54D77AE6-4771-467E-BCCE-75AC15A1B8DC.jpeg

Hey guys Keith here. Not 100% what is going on but can confirm someone started posting as me at least on FirearmsTalk.com. I'm hoping it's a mistake that gets resolved real quick.

Hey Keith,

When was the last time the REAL Notdku, posted on FT.

This week at all?

Well notdku is me, it's been a social and screen name for many years. Before I sold I change all Admin accounts to generic names but kept that in the event I wanted to be active as a regular member. I haven't used that account since I sold the website several years ago. So any posts at least within the last 12 months are not me.

There's been somebody going by the name Shooter on the Springfield and XD forums too as the Administrator,wasn't that the name Austin went by for a little while??
I've sent some PMs to members on those sites along with the Marlin site and now I can't log in because it says my password isn't right. I think there is in fact some shenanigans going on on them.

There's been somebody going by the name Shooter on the Springfield and XD forums too as the Administrator,wasn't that the name Austin went by for a little while??
I've sent some PMs to members on those sites along with the Marlin site and now I can't log in because it says my password isn't right. I think there is in fact some shenanigans going on on them.
It is Chris from CMG using that account.

Well notdku is me, it's been a social and screen name for many years. Before I sold I change all Admin accounts to generic names but kept that in the event I wanted to be active as a regular member. I haven't used that account since I sold the website several years ago. So any posts at least within the last 12 months are not me.

Gotcha,

I can tell you that someone using that ID, was on FT this morning ...didn't post anything,

But there were posts made Monday using that name.
I think I'll try to start a converstion with whoever it is.

I know of one member here that confided with me that they believed they were talking to Austin on Chicken Forum, way after Austin was locked out of the forum. Needless to say, they are not happy with this impersonation, and consider it a violation of their trust. I am really ashamed I once associated with such a dishonest group.

Hey, does sign-up for membership require a real email address that isn't gmail or suchlike? A music group I used to frequent had that requirement, mainly so the admins could spot banned folks trying an end run.

I still have access
Over at GF but my speed has been throttled way back.
That might be an issue with the server, CF has been intermittently snail like several times today.

I am an admin, of sorts, on FTF. I can tell you it IS against the rules to use another member’s account. It IS a bannable offense and we HAVE banned others for wrongly using an account that is not theirs. Just sayin’........

That is the name Austin used for a while.

I am an admin, of sorts, on FTF. I can tell you it IS against the rules to use another member’s account. It IS a bannable offense and we HAVE banned others for wrongly using an account that is not theirs. Just sayin’........

But if you're the BOSS rules don't apply. :surrender:

True, but CMG is the one doing it.

It may be a good idea for any migrating members coming here, and who are on other sites as well that have used the same password for all forums, to change them now.

"Other" people can find that info, find the former member on another forum and take over their account.

Jus' thinking out loud.

Yep, CMG is doing it on my forum too. Using Austin's avatar although he did remove Austin's name from everything. And I do mean everything.

It may be a good idea for any migrating members coming here, and who are on other sites as well that have used the same password for all forums, to change them now.

"Other" people can find that info, find the former member on another forum and take over their account.

Jus' thinking out loud.

That means I have another password to lose or forget. Dang!!!

I haven't loaded my avatar yet because it's so identifiable.

That means I have another password to lose or forget. Dang!!!

LOL, I had to start writing mine down.................sigh.

I wanna see you ban Chris Dildo. In fact, I'd buy you two suckers and a pack of gum if you did!

I wanna see you ban Chris Dildo. In fact, I'd buy you two suckers and a pack of gum if you did!
I'll back Mark and offer you a pound of whole bean coffee.

LOL, I had to start writing mine down.................sigh.
I do too but I have so many that I have to flip pages looking for the one I want. I even have a three ring binder with important logins and passwords.

Latest posts

Back