Aussie In The House!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tank-Girl

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
G'day New Friends!

I'm a lady from Northern Queensland, Australia and I'm very happy to be here.

I was directed here from PS as some very special members have found their way here...so..
Here I am.

I'm into prepping, canning, food storage, stockpiling, gardening, small livestock and running a frugal home.
I'm developing alternative power sources and I'm currently in the middle of a off grid solar power system build.

I've done a lot of things.
I've trained horses, worked on vast cattle properties, operated 50t dump trucks and loaders, worked at smelters and up to recently worked in the medical industry.
As you can see I'm resourceful and I'm not frightened of getting my hands dirty.

I hope to be a helpful and contributing member of this awesome site.

Hugs,
~TG.

Dang, and I thought I got up to a lot. This could be fun.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

Down right toasty!

Jim I'm kinda surprised I didn't get handed my hat and shown the door at PS after I heard what happened.
I may have been a bit direct in airing my objections.

I don't know if SC is coming BUT I dare say she'll be along shortly with any luck.

50t dump trucks are a awesome bit of kit to drive and they're so easy!
They have a dinky, tiny zig zag configured gear box and the power steering is so light I can steer with my pinkie finger.
It's like sitting in a giant Tonka toy.
They are seriously over shod and they're made to drive fully loaded.
Driving empty has more hazards than driving full.
I've fish tailed down a quarry ramp several times in the wet and, let's just say you don't need coffee
to wake you up afterwards.

I learned real quick when I was driving wrecker to keep my flippin' foot off the brake if I wanted to turn on ice.

Last edited:
I think the only one here I don't know yet is Robin. I'm sure that will be taken care of pretty quick though.

No smiles yet, darn.
I've actually been on another one of Austin's forums since it first started. I just never took the time to go adventuring. I am here to tell you, I missed out on a lot.

Warm welcome from the Arizona Valley folks. Looking forward to more of your "Down Under" insight. Loved your posts.

Latest posts

Back