Bear (the GSD) update!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
West German blood lines? Supposedly Bear has WG lines, and daddy is 50/50 GSD and Doberman, just found that out a few months ago. He has a lot of Dobe personality traits, and that face/head show it too!! Otto is BEAUTIFUL!!
He is a 100% GSD, we got him from a farm nearby, seen both the parents. Dad was very dark, they had 2 all black puppies but I picked one that looked the part LOL. He is very tall and not even a year yet
Bear looks more GSD than Doberman

Otto has great ears!! Thanks for the pic Sonya!! Bear will be 15 months old next week! It gets better each month, they DO grow up!!

Yeah they grow fast! Otto is very typical, he follows me around , sits in front of the bathroom door hahaha
He still chews up stuff when given a chance ( despite all his toys ) caught him with my phone charger yesterday ( but it was ok)

IMG_20230508_113848070.jpg

Definitely not a working dog! A nice nap on the couch when it was hot yesterday afternoon!!

He is so young to have all that already , poor baby.
I was worried about mine a few weeks ago , he managed to get a piece of nasty afterbirth from that last goat ( husband had not gotten rid of what she didn't eat herself yet) and got really bad explosive diareah. But it cleared up after a day. I do feed him probiotics just in case. My previous one had massive allergies. I had to feed her grain free only. She was especially allergic to rice.

He is so young to have all that already , poor baby.
I was worried about mine a few weeks ago , he managed to get a piece of nasty afterbirth from that last goat ( husband had not gotten rid of what she didn't eat herself yet) and got really bad explosive diareah. But it cleared up after a day. I do feed him probiotics just in case. My previous one had massive allergies. I had to feed her grain free only. She was especially allergic to rice.
GSDs are vacuums!😃

Pearl are you giving Bear glucosamine and chondroitin? Kind for humans works ok for canines.
No. Since he had pancreas issues and is probably diabetic I cannot give him glucosamine. It promotes insulin resistance. Bear gets type2 collegan, it helps build joints and tissue. He also gets turmeric.

Bear got to go to my one little job with me this morning! After that we swung by PetSmart to borrow their scale. 89.6 pounds😮!! He just turned 17 months old two days ago! Wonder if he'll make 100# when he's done filling out??🤔🐕‍🦺
Teddy went to the vet a couple days ago, he lost 6 lbs. He is NOT happy with the diet, but it's working, and the vet is happy :). Another 6 and we won't call him Fatty Teddy :p

Ok, this is weird!! Hasn't rained in almost FOUR months. Got a little rain today. Bear will NOT poop or pee where he normally does in his yard!!🤔😮😮 Like his scent is off!! He is very regular and particular about where he goes!! It's all messed up right now!! He finally went, but not where he normally does!! Smart, crazy, and sensitive olfactory going on!! 🤔😉😮

Latest posts

Back