Blowing up in my safe space.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BioBacon

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Maybe no one here cares and that's cool but I just have to vent a bit. I'm do tired of every day reading articles about how this or that is this or that phobic. Just because some one dosnt like someone or something dosnt mean they are afried of it. I don't like Prius cars but I'm not priusphobic. It's just a damn label. Thats what every thing has boiled down to. Everything is a label and people are trying to label everyone else. I'm guilty of it too. Every thing is a commercial to buy this idea or that. Ideology has been packaged and put on a shelf called media, are you left brand or right. What am I a twix bar? No side has a monopoly on truth or morality. Thank you for letting me vent.

That's cool.
I'm going around making enemies on the internet just because I had a bad day and don't feel like putting up with anybody else's crappie fish today, not tomorrow either.
I didn't know people were using the phobic label so much. Another vent: use of the word "crazy." Overused. Are we not all intelligent enough to use bigger words?

I think people on one hand like to make a huge deal about nothing. And rant and rant like they're so offended. And then there's those who are totally nuts (like the social studies teacher) that want to pass off what they're doing and saying is justified and normal when it's not.

I think people on one hand like to make a huge deal about nothing. And rant and rant like they're so offended. And then there's those who are totally nuts (like the social studies teacher) that want to pass off what they're doing and saying is justified and normal when it's not.
This is why I rarely watch news any more. There seems to be orchestrated hysteria about certain happenings or events, while others are completely never heard about. There can be a story about a particular thing and everywhere I go, people cannot stop talking about it. Sometimes I know about a story and I just go to how much of the story is real and what else is going on in the world?

Another overused word: awesome.

Yaaa!a drama thread for us to vent.lol..

Speaking of which.i got so tired of the drama around where i live the other day.i turned around,and started to walk away.someone asked me where i was going.i told um.home on account im tired of the damn drama around here,in a irritated tone.then i simply turned .n walked away. And yes im sure i ticked someone off.but who's worryed about it?lol.

I had to leave a lot of that stuff go. I don't follow politics. I don't spend much time with the news. I don't watch much TV or listen to much radio. I don't spend a lot of time reading Facebook pages either but do glance through to see if any of my friends (mostly family) have things going on in their lives that they've shared.

There are an awful lot of things in this world that I just can't fix that I can allow to ruin my life and bleed many hours of my life away that I can never get back. For what? Yes, there are some worthwhile causes out there. Most are not. There is some real news out there. Most is nothing more than hours of sensationalism wrapped around 20 seconds of actual news at best. There are political happenings on CSpan and the like that will take your every waking minute if you'll give it.

Honestly, I have better things to do with my time, my energy, and my money than waste it on things that do nothing good for me at all. I'll never explore every rabbit hole. I'll never read every post on every forum. I'll never get to the bottom of every controversial thing out there. I'll never solve global climate change. I'll never see people agree on even what the best things to eat are. I just had to let it go.

Live life dealing with the people and things that matter. Leave the rest behind.

I had to leave a lot of that stuff go. I don't follow politics. I don't spend much time with the news. I don't watch much TV or listen to much radio. I don't spend a lot of time reading Facebook pages either but do glance through to see if any of my friends (mostly family) have things going on in their lives that they've shared.

There are an awful lot of things in this world that I just can't fix that I can allow to ruin my life and bleed many hours of my life away that I can never get back. For what? Yes, there are some worthwhile causes out there. Most are not. There is some real news out there. Most is nothing more than hours of sensationalism wrapped around 20 seconds of actual news at best. There are political happenings on CSpan and the like that will take your every waking minute if you'll give it.

Honestly, I have better things to do with my time, my energy, and my money than waste it on things that do nothing good for me at all. I'll never explore every rabbit hole. I'll never read every post on every forum. I'll never get to the bottom of every controversial thing out there. I'll never solve global climate change. I'll never see people agree on even what the best things to eat are. I just had to let it go.

Live life dealing with the people and things that matter. Leave the rest behind.

Well said! That is my perspective also. I do like to have a vague idea of what's going on, sure wish anyone would just report the news as is. I try to know enough to understand who or what I am voting for and when it's time to vote, I am there!

Trust no one, question everything
If you can not protect it, it is not yours
Options are not facts, nor is belief
You are what you do, no matter what you say
There is one truth, most of us have no ideal what it is

The current trends in this nation is towards "group identity" instead of " individual " freedom or liberty. This is a very dangerous mindset to fall into. Look at the history of any dictatorial or communist uprisings and if you do not belong to the approved "group" .

The current trends in this nation is towards "group identity" instead of " individual " freedom or liberty. This is a very dangerous mindset to fall into. Look at the history of any dictatorial or communist uprisings and if you do not belong to the approved "group" .
kindagarden

I think the liberty has been taken from some and given to others who use it like a club on others.
Like the agenda pushing in our places of higher learning and schools.
Any fool who used a banana to illustrate how to give oral sex in front of one of my kids would have gotten me put in jail once I got hold of the crazy witch. Much less in kindegarden .
I still had a choice of what my kids were taught in school about sex. I would not allow them to be in class during sexual education [ of course they told me later they didn't turn in the paper,that would have meant sitting in the library when it was taught ].

I don't blame the dept of ed or teachers for any of it either, it is the job of the parents to protect their kids.

Well said!
Educators tend to be very liberal, which you all already know. I worked with people that I liked and got along with, but sure didn't agree with relative to politics and other social agendas. I am not the only retired teacher I know who did not vote for Killary, but oh so many were in love with her and what spewed out of her mouth. One person was trying to tell me that I needed to be involved to save our country. I told her I couldn't care less, I wasn't going to waste my time on something I had no influence on. "You should vote!" I do. "There are many things you could do." Not interested. I worked really hard for many years, often having a second job. I am going to enjoy myself, not watch bs on the telly that will cause my blood pressure to rise. I am not going to call people and tell them what or who to vote for. I am NEVER going to march and protest anyone or anything. I am never going to wear a pink cat hat. :confused: I also had a childhood that involved little play and lots of serving lazy, narcissistic grownups. I believe I have earned a peaceful retirement.

Well said!
Educators tend to be very liberal, which you all already know. I worked with people that I liked and got along with, but sure didn't agree with relative to politics and other social agendas. I am not the only retired teacher I know who did not vote for Killary, but oh so many were in love with her and what spewed out of her mouth. One person was trying to tell me that I needed to be involved to save our country. I told her I couldn't care less, I wasn't going to waste my time on something I had no influence on. "You should vote!" I do. "There are many things you could do." Not interested. I worked really hard for many years, often having a second job. I am going to enjoy myself, not watch bs on the telly that will cause my blood pressure to rise. I am not going to call people and tell them what or who to vote for. I am NEVER going to march and protest anyone or anything. I am never going to wear a pink cat hat. :confused: I also had a childhood that involved little play and lots of serving lazy, narcissistic grownups. I believe I have earned a peaceful retirement.

:green man::I agree::thumbs:

I am going to my fun place tonight. I don't have a safe place... I am safe pretty much where ever I am. Tonight I am going to the range to kill some chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams. They are 1/5 scale targets at ranges out to 100 yards. If you hit them right they fall off the stands. If you hit them wrong they can spin in place and it counts as a miss. I hate it when they spin. It's like they have turned their backside to you or they face you and stick out their tongues. You only get 1 shot per target and there are 40 targets to hit from a standing, unsupported position, with a rifle in a total target time of 20 minutes. It sounds easy but when you try to hold the rifle on target the targets are jumping all over the place. (it might be my unsteady hold but I want to believe it's the targets. I also find that a lot of the 22 ammo has blanks loaded. I know that because if there was a bullet I would hit the target and I don't get hits on almost half of them (on average). They won't let me load rounds to replace the blanks either. It just isn't fair. :)

My comments,warped sense of humor,1st thing in the morning attitude,aint fair.but then again.i dont play fair either.lol:rolleyes:
I do try to be fair, but sometimes life just doesn't work out that way. It is particularly important when working with children to not play favorites, to give everyone their turn, their share, their attention. Life may not be fair, but with children, being as fair as possible make all things go smoother.

I am going to my fun place tonight. I don't have a safe place... I am safe pretty much where ever I am. Tonight I am going to the range to kill some chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams. They are 1/5 scale targets at ranges out to 100 yards. If you hit them right they fall off the stands. If you hit them wrong they can spin in place and it counts as a miss. I hate it when they spin. It's like they have turned their backside to you or they face you and stick out their tongues. You only get 1 shot per target and there are 40 targets to hit from a standing, unsupported position, with a rifle in a total target time of 20 minutes. It sounds easy but when you try to hold the rifle on target the targets are jumping all over the place. (it might be my unsteady hold but I want to believe it's the targets. I also find that a lot of the 22 ammo has blanks loaded. I know that because if there was a bullet I would hit the target and I don't get hits on almost half of them (on average). They won't let me load rounds to replace the blanks either. It just isn't fair. :)

Our 4-H kids shoot those same targets. They get so mad when they don't drop.

I wish we could get the local 4-H kids involved in our shoots. Those under 17 shoot free so it would only cost them time.
I started shooting silhouette back in the early 80s with my revolver shooting Hunter's Pistol Silhouette. When I joined the range here I took up the small bore rifle silhouette as part of my physical therapy for my back. I have improved from B class to AAA class so far. My goal is 40 out of 40 targets. My best so far is 29 out of 40.

Latest posts

Back