Blues Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's Delta Blues, where the genre started as field songs of the slaves, and it spread from there.
The next most famous is Chicago Blues which probably has the most practitioners.
Chicago migrated down to St Louis, which was also a huge center for Jazz in the early 20th century.
And Texas Blues (Johnny Clyde Copeland for one).

All blues did not come from Black people, The Idea is a generalized narrative but there were blues songs from other areas and different styles of blues than the Delta, Nola, Greenville, Memphis Blues.

I lived in Greenwood, Ms for a while and used to ride My bike down the levee and go by the shacks and little open front cookers, where you could get a little REAL COOKIN for nothing if you were a poor white kid that sat and talked to the old black men sitting on the benches and old folding chairs with the toes cut out of their oxford military shoes and the socks sticking out. It was a different breed of

Three or four sitting around an old wire spool used as a table picking on an old nylon string guitar with a tin drum, Hohner Marine Band 1896 Harmonica ans sometimes some other instrument, Concertina, even a Squeeze Box.

As for The Outlaw who walks through jessies dreams, Sonny took Guitar lessons for while from Jerry Bridges at Nightown Studios In Golden Mississippi

He had a few of the prototypes of the Fender Telecasters that were done before Waylon settled on the final design. Jerry was a sessions guitarist and played for a lot of people he had a gold record from one of Paul Anka's songs. But he played Bass for the Waymores for years.

The Waymores went out on tour for a while with Shooter.

There were players out in the western states playing blues with a different style,

As for the Blues I heard as a kid on the levee, some of them were never recorded, or played on the radio for a good reason HEHEHEHEH.

I had a songbook from the 30 to 50s since I was about 20 years old that had a lot of the ones that never were never recorded in it.

Latest posts

Back