Bob Dole’s final joke.. It’s a good one

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskajohn

Bugged out
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
From Bob Dole's farewell letter:

"I'm a bit curious to learn if I am correct in thinking that Heaven will look a lot like Kansas. ...And to see, like others who have gone before me, if I will still be able to vote in Chicago."

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/bob-doles-final-joke/
Typical Bob Dole! I didn’t always agree with him (though I often did), I always admired and respected his wit!

That's too funny, I'll have to tell my cousin. Everyone at last Sunday dinner had memories of him that they were sharing. He was well liked in the community. A non amish cousin of mine shared a photo on his phone of him and Dole. It looked awkward. He said his guy behind him scooped up Mr Dole from his wheelchair to appear standing next to my cousin for the photo.
Agree with him on heaven might look alot like Kansas. I think that myself.

That's too funny, I'll have to tell my cousin. Everyone at last Sunday dinner had memories of him that they were sharing. He was well liked in the community. A non amish cousin of mine shared a photo on his phone of him and Dole. It looked awkward. He said his guy behind him scooped up Mr Dole from his wheelchair to appear standing next to my cousin for the photo.
Agree with him on heaven might look alot like Kansas. I think that myself.

I did two assignments at Fort Riley. I will never forget that time that he visited the post sometime during my first assignment around 1984. I was a brand new 2LT and somehow I got detailed to interact with him as we prepared to deploy. He was genuine and joked at my slightly Hawaii pidgin accent that I had picked up the previous 6 years living in Hawaii. He looked at me after I told him where I picked up the accent and he said, “That’s odd, from your complexion I would have never guessed.” That joke probably couldn’t e said today, except by someone like Bob.

Dole had my respect. Too some degree I thought of him like I do McConnell, Talk conservative but didn't always vote that way.
But I greatly admired him for his service in WWII. And then had the will to fight back during his recovery to spend a long time in public service. The country is certainly less due to his loss.

Dole had my respect. Too some degree I thought of him like I do McConnell, Talk conservative but didn't always vote that way.
But I greatly admired him for his service in WWII. And then had the will to fight back during his recovery to spend a long time in public service. The country is certainly less due to his loss.
Ditto that.

Everytime I saw him salute with his left hand I was remanded of his service.

Ben

Latest posts

Back