Body Armor Carrier Set Ups.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucian253

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Anyone on here want to share how they set up their armor carriers. I am getting my carrier & AR500 Level III plates tomorrow. I am very curious how other members have theirs setup. Thanks!!

I run an RRV vest. I have it set up for my ARs (holding 10 mags) but I'm in the process of switching it over to hold Scar mags.

I may or may not get rid of the admin pouch and put a couple of pistol mag pouches there instead.

I have a canteen pouch and a dump pouch for mags. Have a back plate all so on it.

I have been meaning to get 2 AR500 Level IV composite 10x12 plates for it but I keep buying other things instead.
15167480015051850672037.jpg
15167480855631202146677.jpg

I bought this 3x 5.56 mag holder with 3x pistol mag holder for it. I need to still order all 4 trauma pads.

Attachments

• D34F2E26-45CE-4ED8-BEE8-F232C8A1E3CF.jpeg
    D34F2E26-45CE-4ED8-BEE8-F232C8A1E3CF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 95
I have level III Ar500 front, back and side plates coming. Maybe level IV someday.

Well I ordered the wrong size front & back plates, 10x12. So I just ordered correct size 11x14. Sucks throwing away $100 kinda, lol.

So now I’m thinking I should add at least a first aid kit, maybe a dump pouch. I was thinking of putting a hydration pack maybe on the back of carrier. Opinions? This isn’t for my job, it’s for shooting up in the woods, maybe SHTF scenario.

I have a bladder on the back of my carrier. Med kit is good. I have several. Small one on carrier, keep a lot of med stuff in cargo pockets, and a larger one on pack. Grey Ghost has a small minimalist med kit that doesn't take up a lot of space. Take a look at that haley strategic chest rig I posted. It unclips from the straps and clips in securely to your carrier. You can use it as a chest rig or on a carrier and I really like the setup. Its also lighter than the modular setups. Its good to be able to quickly detach if you all of a sudden need to be less stacked with gear too. That's why I went with a minimalist carrier that can be be worn under a button up shirt if need be. Being able to adjust and blend when I feel the need is always as consideration for me. Just my 2 cents.

I can drop my cumberbun and side plates on my carrier. Which is nice, but lose side plates.

Latest posts

Back