Booby traps

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have mostly pileated, downy, and hairy woodpeckers.
We have woodpeckers but they don’t bother the house. We actually leave a few trees standing just for the woodpeckers to have and nest in.

I saw a pair of pileated woodpeckers on our property last year. I set up a duet feeder with a tail prop but I haven’t been able to attract them. I like seeing those huge birds.

We have woodpeckers but they don’t bother the house. We actually leave a few trees standing just for the woodpeckers to have and nest in.

I saw a pair of pileated woodpeckers on our property last year. I set up a duet feeder with a tail prop but I haven’t been able to attract them. I like seeing those huge birds.
Here's a couple photos we've taken....
1713562696491.png

1713562733189.png

1713562770847.png

..Wanted to post up Another 'tactic' I've used (under the category of 'convincing ruses')..

Question: Is This 'threat' Real / True?

Warning-1.jpg
Warning-3.jpg
🤔

..that is on a Closet Door (a certain "storage" closet..) that - IF - some perp ever made it Over our 10' embedded-nail-studded 'Gate threshold' (or actually Cut-thru both Iron Gates..) AND, somehow made it past our PZT-cams (without us noticing the 'Alerts') AND, blew thru the Double-deadbolted and Alarmed Door(s) into the 'Inner LTS Vault-Room' (which is Also alarmed - which the Cams Mics would pick up / alert us to) AND made it past the Optical-sensor trips - TO - this 'closet' Door... They would have a 'Decision to make'... Am I willing to 'bet my Life' that the contents are Worth that bet? 🤔 Beauty is: Only I (and my Grrls, in the House..) Know for Sure. :cool:

Sure - Someone 'Truly motivated' might 'take that bet', and Find out (if this is Real - or just a ruse) but.. THEN, they Will have to deal with a 135 dB 'surprise', that - even if Not 'fatal' - will Definitely be heard by the Cams / send us the Alerts (and, One is Solar-powered, and Internet-access is on a 'UPS', so even If they 'cut the power' to the House - we Should still get the alert. Additionally, they will be treated to some Serious 'nuisance smoke' / irritant, so..

..The 'Hope', here, is that they - Even if, somehow, they 'make it this far' - they might be 'discouraged' in going further by this, and just opt to take some 'low hanging fruit' (ie: TV (who cares) or Old-ass DVD-player, etc) Meantime (again, in 'Theory', since no one can 'bank' on response time, etc) the 5-0 would hopefully be rolling up to 'deal' with them.

But, Once there's No 'ROL', well.. Even IF - now - this is only a 'ruse' - All those wires / contact-points / trip-sensors / pressure-pad, etc are Real - and it would be a Quick few wires / re-packs, etc, to make the 'threat' oh-so Very, Very True. 👿

jd

Latest posts

Back