BOOMERS: They're Coming For YOUR Stuff! How The Next Wealth Transfer Comes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So in other words, boomers are going to be screwed for outsmarting the system as usual.
It's the Ants who pay for the grasshopper's party.

Gen-X trailer trash.
<------------------
The secret to happiness is to keep your dreams within the realm of possibility.

A couple things right off. When anyone starts off with ‘entitlements’ that the boomers “voted for”, SS and such, I pretty much turn them right off.

I do not remember a vote ever coming up that gave me any say in Social Security. I don’t think my Father ever had a say in it either. That was all on our friend, big government. I also do not remember ever having a say as to if I wanted to be in it or not. Same with my employer. No one asked either of us if we wanted in or wanted to opt out. Under penalty of incarceration, we both paid in to keep our butts out of jail.

So the whole “entitlement” angle is out the window. It is money that was extorted from us under threat of incarceration - Loss of freedoms and liberty.

She also mentions right in the beginning, at about 40 seconds, that housing is more unaffordable for anyone under 40 than it has ever been. That means anyone over 40, has seen housing more unaffordable? I certainly can remember housing being out of reach. Heck, everything was out of reach. I was paying 18-something percent on a truck loan in the early 1980’s. I was just starting out in life, did not amass my fortune yet, and was struggling to keep a home, vehicle, feed the family, pay taxes… My white privilege had me working two jobs, day and evening, plus side work on the weekends to make ends meet.

She also mentions that anyone who bought and locked in a mortgage before ‘about 2019-2020’ that they are ‘golden’. Heck, that is only 3 years ago, as a Boomer, I have nothing to do with young folks not buying, or trying to buy a home. That is all on them.

I will have to finish watching later.

Another little tid bit…

In the 1970’s, when I started paying taxes, I was paying for other folks social security! I swear I was. Folks who did not hardly put a dime into the system, I was supporting them. So when folks like this start pulling out the ‘we are paying for your free money!’ remind them that this is how it began also. We paid for the folks before us, just like they are doing. They just need to get better jobs.

Speaking of jobs… My Nephew graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering. He is… 26 or 28 I think. Just got married, bought a really nice home (2 months ago) and is planning on a family. I talked to his circle of friends at their wedding. They all have jobs – careers actually - and planning on marriage and the family route also.

Two other nephews I met at a wedding… a month or so ago. It was one of their wedding. Nice girl. He has a job in sports medicine. Don’t remember the particulars, but it is a career that is supporting them quite nicely. He is… early to mid 30’s. His little brother is still wandering around. I do not remember what he went to school for, but he is able to support a home, travel, lots of vacations to rock climb and mountain biking.

So careers are out there for young folks. Good paying ones too. Maybe not careers for a degree in Pronoun studies, but the STEM careers are still out there and hiring.

wealth is being extracted from all generations right now.

its been going on since 08... i am seeing folks scrambling to keep a roof over their heads for a wide range of reason. one is a variable interest rate...who gets that type of loan anyway..fixed rate is standard in my book...you can change it at any time doing whats called a rate modification change and you pay the difference and nothing more when its done.

dont forget the govt and fed reserve is stealing from savers when they print and spend money they dont have.

people and corps have more debt now than in 08. i see people of all generations with entitlement attitudes towards many things..not talking about things you pay into. the govt is looking into ways of tapping into all the cash sitting in retirement accounts as well..i forget exact details but theres trillions of dollars sitting there and THEY want it. in the 1980's they raided social security and put in an iou and never put it back.

I had a 25 year career in STEM. It allowed me the earning power to buy a farm. I traveled half the world and seen different societies first hand.

We live in a global economy. STEM careers are rewarding but difficult to get into. My graduating class finished with only one third of what it started with. This is typical for STEM programs. It is demanding and when the 2/3 realize that, they change majors.

They are not going to lower the standards or grade on a curve. There are disciplined and hungry replacements from India, China, Latin America and the rest of the world ready, willing and able to do that learning plus learn English language on top of it (maybe that explains some dominance of India immigration?)...

There is demand and will be demand for higher entry careers in STEM. Lower level entry demand careers are shorter in supply and have abundant competition. Easy in; easy out?

I don't like the generation trashing. I have done it too.....usually with Millenials. I have to work on not doing that. I have met some really impressive millenials. They aren't all pot smoking gamers hanging out in mom & dads basement. Although, I know some of them too. Either you are a good person or you're not. It doesn't matter what color you are, where you came from, or what your age is. The blame for all of the fianacial stuff going on right now lies in the lap of the current administration and all the elitist scum that made it possible going back centuries.

I can remember when I was young and wanted to get the 'stuff' that the older people had. So, I did what those older people did. I thought I'd never be as well off as they were, but now, I have 'stuff'. What's funny is, it's not the 'stuff' that makes you feel good. It's the relationships you made along the way to getting that stuff. I met my husband on my journey to getting a real job so that I could get a house, nice car, property, etc. We have those things now, but it pales in comparison to what we built in each other along the way. I'd give it all up as long as I could still be with him.

I know that lady is just trying to wake people up....to get prepared for hard times ahead. But, I'm getting tired of the fear mongering. It's exhausting and depressing and I don't want to live my life that way. I also know I'm not her target audience. I'm as prepped as I'm ever going to be, which is probably not enough, but Oh, well..... I trust in God. If I'm not prepped enough and I die as a result, then it was meant to be. I'm hoping all will be well and we might be able to help out some other people, but only HE knows what's coming. I choose to LIVE my life now and not be afraid. Warnings are good for those who haven't thought about such things, but for me, I'll keep my head on a swivel and pray that our world doesn't sink into total chaos.

I know that lady is just trying to wake people up....to get prepared for hard times ahead. But, I'm getting tired of the fear mongering. It's exhausting and depressing and I don't want to live my life that way. I also know I'm not her target audience. I'm as prepped as I'm ever going to be, which is probably not enough, but Oh, well..... I trust in God. If I'm not prepped enough and I die as a result, then it was meant to be. I'm hoping all will be well and we might be able to help out some other people, but only HE knows what's coming. I choose to LIVE my life now and not be afraid. Warnings are good for those who haven't thought about such things, but for me, I'll keep my head on a swivel and pray that our world doesn't sink into total chaos.
I saw that video late last night and my first thought was: you've had several beers and you don't want to 'wing-out' with a rant, so I decided to sleep on it.
They are not coming after boomer's wealth because they know who is holding this country up off the ground.
Not the billionaires, their trillions are all in Nvidia, Microsoft, Google, and high-tech that only bring you pretty pictures.
Gen-X, Y, or Z? :LOL:
The trillions in our IRA's are in real companies that keep the wheels turning in this country.
Micro rant: I am totally tired of "talking-head" videos. At least throw in an occasional screenshot of a stupid ZeroHedge article every now and then to help your panic-spew stick. :mad:

Last edited:
Phuck these little candy ass wimps. They want what we have with out putting in the hard 40 years that we did to get what we have.
Yes. They should be sucking up to people with white hair and trying to get their name penciled into the will.
Most have no clue how many 'assets' they are sitting on.

Gen X here...
I no longer worry about what the system is doing, since there really isn't anything I can do about it
Best anyone can do is work with the existing system to their own benefit
Think about it this way, there have been billions of Chinese and Russian ( and others) surviving and doing ok under very corrupt and terrible systems
You just have to figure out how to work within the terrible system to your best advantage

I bought my first house at 19 making $5.00 per hour as a welders helper. Married and had 2 kids before I was 21. Looking back now I can see that times were hard, although I didn't know it then. That was before it became the IN thing to whine and cry about every little hardship. People just sucked it up back then and worked a little harder to get ahead. Back around '79 or so, during a long lay-off, I took out a mortgage at a rate of 19% in order to buy a gold placer mine. It paid off very well.
Nobody ever said life was going to be easy. Our Constitution only guarantees the Pursuit of happiness, not success.
There are countless jobs out there for anyone willing to work. There's also a lot of high paying trade jobs available for anyone who is willing to make the effort.
Success may take a lifetime to achieve, but it is still achievable.

example of wealth extraction for a few as example directly in my life.

it started in 08...that donkey in office north of richmond like the song says got the ball rolling.

my region had cheap affordable power..from coal and hydro...the bummer shut down coal and we could have gotten by just fine but corruption reared its ugly head. our power co op thing was great...people working for them had high paying jobs and were happy and entire region had cheap power. the state allowed the sale of it and it wasnt suppose to be able to be sold because of old agreement back when it was formed in 40's. well thats all changed coupled with new owners and an asshat ceo arrogant bastard. he said it was time people in this region paid true cost of electric like everyone else across the nation. so we lost coal jobs and all support jobs that go with it. business cant afford electric now. example a place owner got up in front of that ceo and said i use to pay 1 million a year for electric and now my bill is 1 million a month..how can i stay in business like that..it was steel place.

we use to spend $50 a month for about all electric you wanted and in summer i would make the floor feel like a chunk of ice. now its $50 to keep a 60watt light bulb running....bill is $200-$300 a month and i know of multiple people got $800 bill a month in winter. theres a great sucking sound in my region and its from poor to the very rich. since 08 the place is turned into ghost town region.

all that money is leaving this region and not being saved or spent here...oh and the little power company they bought out...many of them lost their jobs.big nice building has a hand full of folks in it now.

all the ways i use to make money and side money has been affected by all this crap since 08. had a way to make a few funds to keep alive and sanctions across the globe has even knocked it in the head to point its not worth it.not even going to mention fuel costs...i stay home and watch 70's tv shows...its 70's to me...i bet jimmy carter laughs to himself late at night...theres two worse than i was...lol..one still in office and doing his best..scratch that worst to destroy everything like the guy he served under awhile back.

Yes. They should be sucking up to people with white hair and trying to get their name penciled into the will.
Gen-X, Y, or Z? :LOL:
Hey now.....ya know there's plenty of Gen Xers with white hair right?

I got nobody sucking up to me.
What about that opposum?

Trade careers are also limited. All by design ...
Not around here. You could work in building, plumbing, electrical, welding, trucking ,etc. in my area. Many employers will even pay for you to get your CDL or other certifications. One place even opened up their own training center to try and lure people in. Even if you just wanted to learn a trade, all you'd have to do is approach the owner and tell them your intentions and request a job as a helper. I know employers around here who would very happily offer a job to an unskilled but motivated employee. A construction company closed down this summer b/c they just couldn't get help.

Hey now.....ya know there's plenty of Gen Xers with white hair right?

What about that opposum?

Not around here. You could work in building, plumbing, electrical, welding, trucking ,etc. in my area. Many employers will even pay for you to get your CDL or other certifications. One place even opened up their own training center to try and lure people in. Even if you just wanted to learn a trade, all you'd have to do is approach the owner and tell them your intentions and request a job as a helper. I know employers around here who would very happily offer a job to an unskilled but motivated employee. A construction company closed down this summer b/c they just couldn't get help.
Where? Where? Where!!?

As far as the "jobs are out there" remember that there are not a million STEM positions opened to White men. The Corps. are all going woke. Trade careers are also limited. All by design ...
I do believe there are plenty of trade jobs out there! The kids don’t want to work! It’s all part of the plan to destroy America with open borders. Think about all the immigrants being let over are borders and giving the right to vote for the people that let them in and now the can work and send there earnings back to the country they left. I work as a mechanic and I have buddies that own companies ( electrical, carpentry, roofing, painting and drywall) none of them can get some one to even show up for the interview that they called and scheduled!

I do believe there are plenty of trade jobs out there! The kids don’t want to work! It’s all part of the plan to destroy America with open borders. Think about all the immigrants being let over are borders and giving the right to vote for the people that let them in and now the can work and send there earnings back to the country they left. I work as a mechanic and I have buddies that own companies ( electrical, carpentry, roofing, painting and drywall) none of them can get some one to even show up for the interview that they called and scheduled!
City and State? or at least which Interstate Highway...

I grew up in South Western AZ and remember 25% unemployment rates, back then you had to really fight to get and keep a good job. But I also remember that even in the 70s people would work long enough to get 1 paycheck and then disappear or have other poor work habits (constantly late...). At one time the high schools had introductory programs in the trades and the community colleges had some programs too. I don't remember any programs for plumbers though. I think that teaching useful skills that don't require 5 years of college and $100,000 in student loans would be a good investment for society.

One thing that I do remember is that often hard working folks from the "special" ethnic groups would get a foot into management and once they did they would not hire anyone who was not their kind of "Special". Sort of a reverse discrimination. I personally think that the only identifying information that should be on a job application should be your Name, Social Security # and phone #. I also think that future employers should be able to obtain information about work ethics, drinking on the job, fighting on the job, or stealing from former employers.

Young generations only exist because of older generations work.

Older generations only exist because of younger generations work.

The real social contract, as old as time. Break it, in either direction, and you will find yourself having a very hard, lonely life.

Latest posts

Back