Boots on the Ground.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
this is a very good video to keep track of, people around the US and even some other countries send in reports of shortages, problems in their area a nd their work place. it is worth watching this guy to stay on top of whats happening in other areas.

Boots on the Ground...June 8th Morning Update

From traveling around the country I'm seeing these local shortages. Like the Walmart here in Ogallala has tons of (expensive) meat and milk. But some other food like bread was pretty picked over. My own Walmart back home is usually the opposite - lots of bread but meat is usually kind of short. But the supermarkets usually have lots of meat.

Last edited:
Where we are located, the nearest Walmart is 45-55 minutes away, and most of that is 65+MPH.
We have three towns within 25 miles, and each has only one grocery store, not counting Dollar General.
These three are all owned by the same company - Southeast Grocers, even though they have different names.
All three are serviced by one warehouse, located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Consequently, the "outages" are uniform across the stores.

The bright ray of goodness is Kroger built a facility in Jacksonville that has delivery trucks that run sunup to past sundown.
You order and pay online, they deliver it to your house. even out here on the dirt roads.
All the drivers are friendly and polite, and some of them have never been out driving in "the sticks" before and thoroughly enjoy it.

friday morning update. the more i listen to other people around the nation the more serious things are looking. a friend of m,ine, an old guy whose seen alot of the world says the smart thing to do is everyone prepare for the return of the 1800s.

A review of the last six weeks:

here is a boots on the ground report from a differetn source
this is a homestead channel and she got an email from farmers-ranchers in TX. worth seeing.

im sure yall are seeing reports like this too, but as the days and weeks go by and more and more reports coming out it is heart breaking. and a huge warning to get as stocked up on basic foods as possible.

warning from a farmer

here is a boots on the ground report from a differetn source
this is a homestead channel and she got an email from farmers-ranchers in TX. worth seeing.

im sure yall are seeing reports like this too, but as the days and weeks go by and more and more reports coming out it is heart breaking. and a huge warning to get as stocked up on basic foods as possible.

warning from a farmer

Just watched this video. I watch her fairly regularly. She is very sharp on gardening tips and food storage. Her reading the email from the lady in Texas really drives the point home. I know Patch and Pearl have been dealing with 100+ temps for quite some time and low rain fall. I didn't realize the lack of rainfall was a 6 month plus issue. Lots of Texas crops are gonna be complete failures this year. Most feeder cattle will, or already are sold off. If they are lucky they can hold onto their breeder cattle for future herds. But that may not happen either.
Like was mentioned, start prepping on a 2 or 3 year food supply to give time for herds to be built back, food crops as well. Next year obviously is gonna be very sparce for food stuffs around the world, next year may not be any better.

I have been watching Patera for a few months since she was mentioned here somewhere. I think she is knowledge and pretty funny.

thanks LL for posting him, he is pretty good along with the others. i like listening to different sources. i pray for the farmers and ranchers. and all of us.

winter is coming nad i think its gonna be ugly

Latest posts

Back