Bug Out Bag Improvements

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only aware of UK suppliers
That's really weird. I looked them up again, and found the on Amazon on the first try. Last time I looked for 20 mins and came up empty. Oh well, now I need to check if mine are 7" or 9". Oh, that and a whole lot of money.... There not cheap little buggars.

That's really weird. I looked them up again, and found the on Amazon on the first try. Last time I looked for 20 mins and came up empty. Oh well, now I need to check if mine are 7" or 9". Oh, that and a whole lot of money.... There not cheap little buggars.

They are cheap in the UK about £13 each IIRC thats about $18 but they last for years, most of us clean and reuse our ceramic candles by back flushing them and gently cleaning the surface with a toothbrush.

They are cheap in the UK about £13 each IIRC thats about $18 but they last for years, most of us clean and reuse our ceramic candles by back flushing them and gently cleaning the surface with a toothbrush.
Ours are about 50.00 each. Unfortunately I need 4. I read that a kitchen scrubby sponge works great for cleaning. I have a kitchen filter so I've never used the berkey yet. Just for emergencies. I really just want the extra filters in case mine ever break.

I've never even seen the 10" filters. I need to measure mine today. Every thing I'd seen showed 7 or 9".
Amazon is great. Even for our business I buy lots of ballasts and lights for half of what they sell at local supply houses. Prime brings it to us free.

106.00 for two was what I was seeing at first, and that was the plastic ones.

Bugger that, that works out at around £90 in the UK you get a complete 4 candle stainless steel Berkfield for that sort of money. Please I was able to find cheaper for you on Amazon though.

Bugger that, that works out at around £90 in the UK you get a complete 4 candle stainless steel Berkfield for that sort of money. Please I was able to find cheaper for you on Amazon though.
:)

Replaced my CRKT Liong Mah no5 with an Emerson Design Kershaw made CQC3-K, the knew one appears to hold a keener edge than the No5
Emerson CQC 3K.jpg

Continuing to work and improve on my bug out bag. Here is a current load out showing the contents. Need to add a small hammock with Mosquito net and always looking for ideas for improvement. I have also added a good pair of hiking socks but they are not shown here. Any suggestions?View attachment 6229
That's a great looking setup. Well done.

Also would like a later update on that blade as well....

Good 3 inch carbon blade I think, razor sharp. superb lock up no play at all, suits smaller to medium hands, Pocket clip in position as supplied is dreadful , its mounted on the same side as the blade locking mechanism . when its clipped to your jeans pocket it frequently snags up om pocket making it very difficult to draw, so I swapped the ocket clip to other side. factory needs to make pocket clip 1 inch longer so the curved bit rests against the body further away from the mechanism.

Continuing to work and improve on my bug out bag. Here is a current load out showing the contents. Need to add a small hammock with Mosquito net and always looking for ideas for improvement. I have also added a good pair of hiking socks but they are not shown here. Any suggestions?View attachment 6229
i would replace that plastic nalgene bottle with one made of stainless steel you can get one that nests to your ss cup just the same . Just increases your water boiling capabilities .. if **** hits the fan water tabs and filters will eventually diminish just a long term thought! Do you have a second fixed blade knife ? dont see one in the pic.. if not i would do that aswell always have a backup. other than that looks good to me!

Back