Bummer thread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
No sense in sugar coating it just spit it out
Been having stomach issue here lately and tried to blow it off but yesterday I had to go to the ER doubled over in pain

After being poked and poked some more then one or two more pokes with a jab mixed in I was whisked away to get a cat scan
Dr called in a second dr to read the findings then a remote btw was wheeled in and we talked to a Dr House kinda guy

Bottom line
I had gastric bypass 15 years ago and the connections are coming loose
But a scope test will be needed before what they say is verified

Bummer

So, come on buddy. If you posted this on www.plumbingforums.com, they would just recommend you getting a 1¼ Fernco connector! I kid, I kid!
Get well, and give me a call if you need anything, or just cheering up!
1703210317018.png

Sorry to hear the news… and on top of tooth problems! You seem to have hit a stretch of bad washboard on a dirt road! Well, I can’t do much to help but maybe this will cheer you up… true story.

I was in a clinic waiting rm, a lady was sitting inches behind me in a row of chairs facing the other direction. Another lady came in… it was a reunion of sorts. The ladies knew each other, had both went through gastric bypass surgery, same doc, same time. Lady2 came and sat behind me also. They are chatting quietly, catching up on family stuff, then starting sharing post surgery experiences, the weight loss etc.

One lady said to the other ‘Did you have bra size problems like me?’ The other lady said ‘No, I just rollem’ up and tuckem’ in like socks’! 🤣

I blew snot out of my nose… I’m trying to stifle my laughter, the ladies noticed. They were laughing quietly… until they heard me!!! Then there were 3 people dying of laughter while the other people gave us dirty looks. 🤣

I’m the guy you don’t want to be standing next to in church if something funny happens!!! (or sitting behind at a doctors office either!)

Last edited:
Frodo... I also had Rue-N-Y bypass surgery 20 years ago now...
Other than the usual healing, life changes this causes the only problem has been a small ulcer on a stitch line about a year ago now.. A lot of stress at that time, but it was cleared up with medication easily...

Best wishes...
== ==
A lot of changes with any bypass surgery... The boob story is pretty common..

Sorry to hear the news… and on top of tooth problems! You seem to have hit a stretch of bad washboard on a dirt road! Well, I can’t do much to help but maybe this will cheer you up… true story.

I was in a clinic waiting rm, a lady was sitting inches behind me in a row of chairs facing the other direction. Another lady came in… it was a reunion of sorts. The ladies knew each other, had both went through gastric bypass surgery, same doc, same time. Lady2 came and sat behind me also. They are chatting quietly, catching up on family stuff, then starting sharing post surgery experiences, the weight loss etc.

One lady said to the other ‘Did you have bra size problems like me?’ The other lady said ‘No, I just rollem’ up and tuckem’ in like socks’! 🤣

I blew snot out of my nose… I’m trying to stifle my laughter, the ladies noticed. They were laughing quietly… until they heard me!!! Then there were 3 people dying of laughter while the other people gave us dirty looks. 🤣

I’m the guy you don’t want to be standing next to in church if something funny happens!!! (or sitting behind at a doctors office either!)
I'm with you! I get the giggles so hard sometimes that I am crying. I have to leave the room. I had some of these moments when I was teaching.

We were graveside for my dad's funeral. I was 16. My great aunt, a native Czech speaker, was reciting the Lord's Prayer, along with everyone else. Except, because words are not always used in the same sequence in different languages, her words for the Lord's Prayer were not exactly like most of us say it, even though she was saying it in English. Her words were so jumbled up and she had been probably saying it like this for most or all of her70+ years at this point in time. I started laughing and could not rein it in. I think part of it had to do with the tension of the event as well.

I'm with you! I get the giggles so hard sometimes that I am crying. I have to leave the room. I had some of these moments when I was teaching.

We were graveside for my dad's funeral. I was 16. My great aunt, a native Czech speaker, was reciting the Lord's Prayer, along with everyone else. Except, because words are not always used in the same sequence in different languages, her words for the Lord's Prayer were not exactly like most of us say it, even though she was saying it in English. Her words were so jumbled up and she had been probably saying it like this for most or all of her70+ years at this point in time. I started laughing and could not rein it in. I think part of it had to do with the tension of the event as well.
It is tradition in our family for someone to start laughing, which gets others laughing, which starts the funny stories about the deceased, who can no longer defend him/herself.

Damn, bro, that sucks! I hope being buddies didn't rub my bad luck off on you!
I know all about having holes in your guts, mine is bugging me after a month of being quiet.

No sense in sugar coating it just spit it out
Been having stomach issue here lately and tried to blow it off but yesterday I had to go to the ER doubled over in pain

After being poked and poked some more then one or two more pokes with a jab mixed in I was whisked away to get a cat scan
Dr called in a second dr to read the findings then a remote btw was wheeled in and we talked to a Dr House kinda guy

Bottom line
I had gastric bypass 15 years ago and the connections are coming loose
But a scope test will be needed before what they say is verified

Bummer
I'm in the same boat with you having health issues. I have an appointment wet up for January 8th. First available appointment and that was a hassel to get since I hadn't seen her since 2020. Just to say, it had nothing to deal with Covid. I had a lump in my breast at that time that went away on it's own. That has now happened a couple times.

I'm in the same boat with you having health issues. I have an appointment wet up for January 8th. First available appointment and that was a hassel to get since I hadn't seen her since 2020. Just to say, it had nothing to deal with Covid. I had a lump in my breast at that time that went away on its own. That has now happened a couple times.
Are you ok now?

Last edited:
I dont know if that works, but does work is staying off or eating as little as possible of modern commercial ready meals, they are full of harmful chemicals and other substances, a diet of natural food is the best and one I try to follow myself.

Latest posts

Back