Can we start a Ford vs Chevy thread?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen good models from both... I always liked the old Silverados, Blazers & Suburbans, but I also liked the Broncos, F-150s and F-250s. I still see some of these, every model I mentioned, lifted and cruising here in Alamogordo, lol. Almost like a time warp! Wish I could swap my 21-year-old Camry for one of those rigs! ;)

I've seen good models from both... I always liked the old Silverados, Blazers & Suburbans, but I also liked the Broncos, F-150s and F-250s. I still see some of these, every model I mentioned, lifted and cruising here in Alamogordo, lol. Almost like a time warp! Wish I could swap my 21-year-old Camry for one of those rigs! ;)
I love my bronco.

Ditto. I have seen bad models in both kinds.
MIL sold me their GMC 2500HD with 130,000 miles for $3 six years ago.
I put a starter and battery in it when I got it, because they fail the most.
DW got new tires put on it before we moved down here 4 years ago and all I have done since, is get the oil changed. :thumbs:.

Last edited:
I have had both, and would consider them pretty equal. Mechanically they were fine. We had the transmisson go out on a Taurus, but we had a Monte Carlo where the transmission was going out, but we traded it before it shot craps. The Ford products we had never got the gas mileage they claimed they should get. That was always a disappointment Mileage was always better with Chevy's.

Truthfully, I have a Honda Accord that is better than either of them (Ford or Chevy). I would get another Honda before I would get a Ford or Chevy.

I used to be a Chevrolet lover UNTIL I got this blazer. the damn motor is so geeked up you have to put it on a rack to change the damned plugs! I miss my Honda, but at least I can drive around in this thing without needing three days in bed, now I just need one! LOL

I have three cars I wish were still with me:
An Omega that had been stripped down for drug running I bought at a police auction. no heat, no air, the seat was literally on the floor, and it was bombed black and tan, and it would go 0 to 120 in fifteen seconds! 350R yo!

A caprice classic from the same auction. It was pimped out, geared out, and was the former property of a drug dealer or pimp. It kept attracting cops, working women, and some really shady people asking where "Dave" was.

My 1997 Honda Civic, literally one owner who drove it once a month to Alabama. tough as a tank, sipped gas, never gave me trouble, and murdered my back! It's had three owners since I parted ways with it and has been wrecked twice! still going...

And as an afterthought, my 1973 Chevy station wagon, I literally drove it until it fell apart! I lived in it for a while. 400 big block, pimped out by my dad who was a master mechanic. it was my first car, turd green, ugly as hell and quite literally a tank!

I've had all of the big three Chevy Dodge Ford. All had their pluses and minuses. To be honest the Fords have given me far more trouble than all the others combined! Generally it's wiring / electronic issues. Also had a two Jeeps one was a GM the other was a Dodge, parent co. at the time of manufacture. The GM was far better IMO.

Ford is a four letter F word!!

FORD Fix or repair daily. FORD backwards Driver returns on foot.

MOPAR Massively overpowered asphalt ripper

I have had Chiveys, Ferds and Mopars ( Dodge Fan here) and Dodge has been the least trouble by far.

My junk having a little Independence day fun......... 🤣
:cool:

This guy has it right....

1692105917206.png

That was common down here. Neighbor was a big Mopar fan, had a Duster with a 340. That thing ran good. We take it to the drag strip on Saturday nights.

My first car was a 76 Mustang. Decent little 302 that I hopped up a little. But Ford engineers were IDIOTS, they put a Pinto 4 speed behind it. 2nd gear was mostly non existent while I had it. They fixed it 8 times under warranty. I drove it as a 3 spd after that.

Had a 68 and a 74 Camaro later on, both hot rods, both had to work on as much as the Mustang. After that I went to Toyota. Other than brakes, oil changes, batteries, etc I haven't had to repair much of anything. Just get in and drive.

. Neighbor was a big Mopar fan, had a Duster with a 340.That thing ran good. We take it to the drag strip on Saturday nights.
340 in an A body Mopar put many big block cars to shame. I had a 68 Dart with a 340 3:55's out back, it ran like a scalded dog.

My first vehicle was a 1964 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. Bought it with my own savings the day I turned 16. Cost $650. The only other Chevys I've owned were 2 Z28's and an IROC Z28. Today we have a Jeep Rubicon, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit and 97 F250. Never had a problem with the Jeeps or the truck. I keep up on the maintenance and always drive carefully.

64 Chevy 1
My first vehicle was a 1964 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. Bought it with my own savings the day I turned 16. Cost $650. The only other Chevys I've owned were 2 Z28's and an IROC Z28. Today we have a Jeep Rubicon, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit and 97 F250. Never had a problem with the Jeeps or the truck. I keep up on the maintenance and always drive carefully.
64 Chevy 1/2 ton is what my dad had back in the day I learned to drive in it out in the hay fields

Latest posts

Back