Can you imagine?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
True story, this beautiful woman's name was "Ima Hogg."
10994-ima-hogg.PNG

Can you imagine seeing this...when you are already nervous...with thousands of people in the crowd and over a couple of million about to tune in...when you finally get to play at the GOO??? My bassist buddy took the pic and half-grinned and half-chuckled:

Attachments

• on air.jpeg
    on air.jpeg
    862.8 KB · Views: 0
Poor lady. About as bad as a boy named Sue. Some parents need a flick on the head.
I've got one of those "names" that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Let's just say that it got to the point in school where someone would say it in a certain tone or a rhyme behind it & I would pop them. Usually once or twice stopped it.

I did ask my mother, why in the heck did you name me that? As it turns out it was a family name on both my father's & mother's side of the family.

I bought a fishing license from a girl named Sundie Spooner.
I asked if that was actually her name and she said yes.
I said your mom had a sense of humor.
She didn't understand.
She asked me if I knew her mom.
She was blond.
In my family there are several people with just 2 letters for their name.
AC was my dad, JB was my uncle and JD was a cousin.
In boot camp we had to fill out paperwork and they said put your parents full name down.
I had to do pushup because I wrote AC.
I finally convinced the guy that it was my dad's full name.
I told him they were from Oklahoma and couldn't afford a full name.
He was laughing so hard he let me go,

Last edited:
I went to school with a girl named Candy Kane. My best friend dated her, and I dated her younger sister. We used to double date all the time.

Last edited:
Since the statute of limitations have expired, while working graveyard in a patrol unit, we would randomly search for unusual or quirky names, then locate cars registered to these people. When it was 4AM and even dispatchers were falling asleep, we would ask the dispatchers for a wants/warrants check on this license plates, knowing they would have to say the name of the registered owner. We had dispatchers have to say Imma Butt, Sofa King, and other quirky names just to wake up everyone. A few names I can't even mention here. Dumb, yeah I know, but it kept us in stitches sometimes. .

I bought a fishing license from a girl named Sundie Spooner.
I asked if that was actually her name and she said yes.
I said your mom had a sense of humor.
She didn't understand.
She asked me if I knew her mom.
She was blond.
In my family there are several people with just 2 letters for their name.
AC was my dad, JB was my uncle and JD was a cousin.
In boot camp we had to fill out paperwork and they said put your parents full name down.

When I went through the obstacle course in basic we had to go up one side & down the other side of a pyramid of barrels. It was near the end of the course & summer so I was sweating like everything. I spun over the top & felt myself falling. I quickly pushed off with my hands & landed on my feet at the bottom. The TI chewed me out & called me a gung ho b******, Boy was he wrong!

My aunt went to school with a Rosie Butts. I figure her parents wanted her to get married as soon as possible.

We had a family friend with the last name Aus. He threatened to name his kids Harry, Rosie, and Ophelia. Ne never did though.

I went to church with a guy named Warren Pease. (say it out loud)

Are some parents evil or just stupid?

If your last name is Talia, don't name your daughter Jenna. Just sayin'.

Say the name out loud before telling the nurse what to write down on the birth certificate.

Yep. Texas girl. I just wonder why in the world her parents would name her "Ima". The joke when I was a kid was that she had a sister named "Ura".

So, I see your post, @Pearl . Is the part about Ura true? I always thought it was a joke.
True as far as I know!!🤔

I was in the navy, checking some new guys into the barracks late one night. I asked the new guy his name… ‘Ben Gay’. I didn’t laugh but he had a look on his face like he expected it. :rolleyes: I looked at his orders.. sure enough Benjamin Gay. I had him laughing in a few minutes talking about other funny names I'd checked in.

About that time the watch brought in another new guy… His name was Jim Faggart! Ben and I broke up laughing. Of course Jim was angry until Ben introduced himself!!! Then we all laughed! 🤣 Ben Gay and Jim Faggart checked in last night, made my senior chief laugh the next morning. Funny, I went to missile school with Jim in california 6 months later. Ben was there too but in another school. Good guys!

Latest posts

Back