Cattle Equipment

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Farmers always improvise, using what you have to meet a need. Maybe other can post some of the equipment they use.

I thought this calf feeding station was neat, built by my cousin.

He came up with belting for another project long ago. He used the left over belting and made a trough.

Look at the spring grass! 3ft deep. That man knows how to grow grass! He's going to move in 75 cow/calf pairs this week sometime.

T Pasture 01a.JPG

Last edited:
Is that fence made from old well casing? I've only seen that once before. There was an old guy east of where I grew up that had a 1 acre horse pen that was fenced with a 2 rail fence made of old well pipe, and then had high tensile wire between the rails...

Funny, I had another cousin call and ask me about well pipe a few weeks ago. He had it in his mind that I knew where some was located. I had no idea what he was talking about.

Obviously he had the wrong cousin in mind. He must have been referring to the above pipe which belongs to a different cousin. I have 100's of cousins. It's easy to get confused about who is doing what.

Last edited:
Is that fence made from old well casing? I've only seen that once before. There was an old guy east of where I grew up that had a 1 acre horse pen that was fenced with a 2 rail fence made of old well pipe, and then had high tensile wire between the rails...

Oil well pipe. Its common for fencing and building barns out here.

Latest posts

Back