Cocoa Prices Hit All-Time High, Spelling Trouble for Chocolate Lovers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Oh no, what are we supposed to do when chocolate gets too expensive for us to buy? Stop eating it? Well, yeah. But I guess some people don't understand that. I like lobster too. But I don't eat very much of it. Why? Because it's too expensive for me to justify the cost vs. desire ratio. I could afford it if I wanted to. But I don't want to. Same for chocolate. I doubt anybody is going to die because they didn't get their chocolate bar. Actually, they'll probably live longer without it.

Lack of coffee would bother me much more than lack of chocolate. But after I survived a few days of the lack-of-caffeine headache, I'd probably get over that addiction and be fine. It does kind of make me shudder to think of mornings without coffee though. I'm pretty dang used to the stuff!

Coffee and Chocolate sxhortages--now its getting real. yall better stock up. i hear the world officially ends when we cant get coffee or choclate.

Cocoa Prices Hit All-Time High, Spelling Trouble for Chocolate Lovers​

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/co...m_source=partner&utm_campaign=TheLibertyDaily
The cocoa supply has always been a rollercoaster ride.:rolleyes:
DW has owned Hershey's stock since the 90's.
The last big cocoa shortage gave us the other 20 varieties of M&Ms that have little or no chocolate in them :(.
As a stockholder, I'm sure DW would say: "Everybody should go out and buy every HERSHEY chocolate bar they can lay their hands on!".gaah

Last edited:
The cocoa supply has always been a rollercoaster ride.:rolleyes:
DW has owned Hershey's stock since the 90's.
As a stockholder, I'm sure DW would say: "Everybody should go out and buy every HERSHEY chocolate bar they can lay their hands on!".gaah
The internals of the chocolate market, and why her stock has not plunged in price, (if anything, it will go up :oops:), from a looming cocoa shortage.
Here's why:
Supply, price, and demand are tightly controlled in the market.
When a cocoa shortage hits, they have to reduce production.
To curb demand, they raise the price.
They end up making the same amount of money, producing much less product.
This is a big win for the company.:)
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
It won't be just the Hershey's bar that increases in prices, anything that uses cocao butter will increase. Skin care anyone? The sad part is that the grocery store chocolates will be made with less expensive fat component. Cocao butter is where the taste is.

Hershey's and Nestle have adulterated chocolate to the point it is unrecognizable from the chocolate the conquistadors brought back to Europe.

I don't mean this in a mean way, but maybe it will once more become a treat rather than a steady diet.
This will induce panic and fear in many!!😃
It will also turn off many 'casual buyers', reducing demand a bunch.
That's the way the system works.

i keep some special dark cocoa powder + solid coconit oil + stevia around and learned to make my own. chocolate like coffee, tea, alcohol is a comfort thing.

i use a paleo chocolate bar recipe and every few weeks ill make a brownie pan of it, let it cxhill and get hard then break it up into small pieces. sometimes ill add some chopped nuts, couple T of peanut butter.

it seems worth it to keep some tubs of cocoa powdr on hand. could turn out to be a nifty idea in the future.

As a stockholder, I'm sure DW would say: "Everybody should go out and buy every HERSHEY chocolate bar they can lay their hands on!".
I just gotta wonder, how many of these stockpiled would keep someone 'in chocolate' for a year?
The 5-pounder:
Screenshot_20240206-210812_kindlephoto-3278844437.png
Get them while they are cheap! :thumbs:

Coffee and Chocolate shortages--now its getting real. yall better stock up. i hear the world officially ends when we cant get coffee or chocolate.

Cocoa Prices Hit All-Time High, Spelling Trouble for Chocolate Lovers​

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/co...m_source=partner&utm_campaign=TheLibertyDaily
...And so it begins:
https://www.fox13now.com/cocoa-prices-hit-a-record-high-heading-into-valentine-s-day
Hershey is cautioning on its 2024 profit growth as the company contends with rising cocoa costs that are leading to higher prices for chocolate.
Cocoa futures prices have doubled over the past year and hit an all-time high of $5,874 per metric ton on Friday. Bad weather in West Africa is being blamed for damaging crop yields, which is pushing cocoa prices higher. ...
Still, Hershey CEO Michele Buck is trying to ease consumers' minds.
"Given where cocoa prices are, we will be using every tool in our toolbox, including pricing, as a way to manage the business," Buck said during the company's quarterly earnings conference call.
Screenshot_20240214-144426_kindlephoto-250086493.png

So, do you believe the cocoa shortage is real yet?
Do you love Kit-Kat bars?:)
This is what they are doing to your beloved candy bars :mad:....
IMG_20240428_173332.jpg

Coming soon:
white-chocolate-kit-kat-candy-bars-24-piece-box-candy-warehouse-1.jpg

Last edited:
"Certain holidays just call for chocolate: Valentine's Day, Easter, Passover, Halloween, Christmas, Passover and others. From white to milk to dark chocolate, consumers have a delicious array to choose from.

But all chocolates are not created equal.

Research continues to point to dark chocolate as having many health benefits, including a lower risk of heart disease and diabetes, preventing blood clots, improving memory, lowering cholesterol and even preventing some types of cancer.

Dark chocolate contains 50%–90% cocoa solids, which are rich in plant chemicals called flavanols. These flavanols support the production of nitric oxide, which relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow, according to the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. They also increase insulin sensitivity, which may eventually reduce the risk of diabetes. The National Foundation for Cancer Research found that flavanols may reduce the risk of skin cancer and improve overall skin health. ..."

https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem....f-health/choose-dark-chocolate-for-your-heart

:brewing:

☃️

👻👻

Going out 2morrow and buy some of these :

1714359206379.png

B4 They all go away...

"The Milky Way Midnight bar, a beloved favorite among chocolate enthusiasts, has been abruptly discontinued. Mars, Incorporated, the confectionery company behind the Milky Way brand, made the surprising decision to remove this iconic treat from its product lineup.

Speculation is rife among consumers, with many wondering why such a popular and well-established product has failed. The Milky Way Midnight, known for its rich dark chocolate and creamy nougat filling, has garnered a loyal following. "

https://businessdeficit.com/milky-way-midnight-discontinued/

:mad:

☃️

👻👻

Latest posts

Back