Cocoa Prices Hit All-Time High, Spelling Trouble for Chocolate Lovers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I forgot the annoying graph :( :
View attachment 128962
For the other investment nerds out there, notice under the graph, the 52-week price range:oops:.
Even more disturbing, to the left, the percent of trades Friday verses the average.
If there is nothing to trade, less than 1/3 of normal is very bad!:(

I’ve used carob as a chocolate replacement and never drink coffee. What will the little children eat at Easter and Halloween?🐰 🎃
My grandchildren will just call Granny.
And this Granny limits how much they get of my homemade Mounds Bars, Almond Joys,Cherry Mashes, toffee, spice walnuts, spiced almonds, peanut clusters etc. Still learning how to make lollipops, salt water taffy.

Being I am taking an old fashion candy making class.
I have a small stockpile of ingredients for candy making supplies in the freezer.
I also buy 8 cans of coffee every few months for the freezer.
On a monthly basis I purchase at least 3 cans of coffee.
I wouldn't want to run out of coffee.
Your coffee is not in peril, different bean, produced on several different continents....unlike cocoa. :(
A shortage of cocoa beans has led to a near shutdown of processing plants in Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana, the two countries responsible for 60% of global production. With chocolate makers around the world reliant on West Africa for cocoa, there is significant concern about the impact on the prices of chocolate and the livelihood of farmers. ... .In February 2024, the Ghana Cocoa Board (Cocobod), regulator of the country’s cocoa sector, secured a World Bank loan of US$200 million to rehabilitate plantations affected by the cocoa swollen shoot virus. The board will take over the disease-ridden farms, remove and replace the afflicted cocoa trees, and nurture the new plantings to the fruiting stage before returning them to the farmers.
... That ain't gonna be quick :(.

Last edited:
Going out 2morrow and buy some of these :

View attachment 128972

B4 They all go away...

"The Milky Way Midnight bar, a beloved favorite among chocolate enthusiasts, has been abruptly discontinued. Mars, Incorporated, the confectionery company behind the Milky Way brand, made the surprising decision to remove this iconic treat from its product lineup.

Speculation is rife among consumers, with many wondering why such a popular and well-established product has failed. The Milky Way Midnight, known for its rich dark chocolate and creamy nougat filling, has garnered a loyal following. "

https://businessdeficit.com/milky-way-midnight-discontinued/

:mad:

☃️

👻👻
Those are my wife favorites

My guess is that it didn't sell and make enough profit to warrant the expense.
But this just my opinion again.
Look again.
It is covered in dark chocolate, made mostly from expensive nearly-unavailable cocoa.
They have to ration its use among other products to make ends meet.
...They saw the approaching storm :(.

Look again.
It is covered in dark chocolate, made mostly from expensive nearly-unavailable cocoa.
They have to ration its use among other products to make ends meet.
...They saw the approaching storm :(.
I just have to throw this in here. There’s not actually much chocolate in them. Mostly artificial stuffers - that’s the technical term 😂
I wonder if there is a make your own version of the recipe. I’ve never even tried looking 👀

I just have to throw this in here. There’s not actually much chocolate in them. Mostly artificial stuffers - that’s the technical term 😂
I wonder if there is a make your own version of the recipe. I’ve never even tried looking 👀
@MoBookworm1957

Mo would know. She is studying candies now.

Ben

Back