COCONUT OIL question. Can you just eat it.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need oil/fat in your diet. I have been known to put coconut oil and butter in my coffee. The Eskimo use seal oil as a condiment. It ads fat and calories to your diet. If you are cold and need the calories to keep warm then yes, you can take oil straight. In something less than a survival situation cooking with it is far more palatable.

Coconut oil, butter, and heavy cream added to your coffee is called "bullet proof coffee." This goes well with a Keto diet.

as long as it says for 'food'

or are you asking just spoon it out like peanut butter?

best thing to do is add it to your meal. if for calories only just stir it in after its heated or as its finishing up to be sure and melt it good.

If you like popcorn, use it as your oil base. It makes amazing popcorn! We eat popcorn a lot in the winter months. You just have to be careful b/c it has a low smoke point. I put my stove on one click over medium, let the whirley pop warm up for a few minutes, then add a clump of oil in the pot. It only needs a minute or two to melt and start smoking. When it does, I add my popcorn with flavacol and mix it in until it pops. It makes for a healthy snack that the pups love too.

But to answer your question, I'm sure you could just eat it if you wanted to.

POE
original recipe was to wrap in banana leaves and bake in fire.

preheat 375 degrees
6 ripe bananas, peeled, cut into chunks
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn starch2 teas vanilla
1 cup coconut cream--also know as coconut milk
[1] puree bananas in blender, should be 4 cups pureed
[2] add brown sugar,corn starch,vanilla mix well, no lumbs
adjust sugar to taste
[3] butter 2 quart baking dish, pour mixture into dish
cook 30-45 minutes or till firm an bubbly
[4] cut into cubes, put on serving bowl
put a dollup of coconut cream on top

variations...sub the banana for papaya,mango,pineapple. any fruit, as long as it is 4 cups pureered

coconut cream,,is the thick milk that rises to the top of a can of coconut milk
do not shake can before you open, skim the cream off the top

Arlington Cemetery has 400,000 reasons why you should
stand your ass up during the National Anthem

It is all in the title.
Too many good recipes to waste it just drinking it unless you feel like sitting in the toilet all day waiting on the silverware to fall out.
The oldest man in America (at the time.) had 4 eggs fried in coconut oil every day since his 30's every day for breakfast. he was like 105.

Coconut oil is the secret of movie popcorn.

It makes a very nice salad dressing.

Fried pumpkin in it is heavenly.

A 50/50 mix of it and lemon juice cleans your liver. 2 fingers will do it.

We don't use processed oils at our house. We get our necessary oils from things like seeds, nuts, beans, avocados, olives, etc. These fat/oil sources include fiber, protein, phytonutrients, etc. that processed oils do not have.

zukepuke.png

100% hetro homophobic white male source of all that is evil.
<------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but I put nuts, chocolate & dry fruit in mine then eat it.

Latest posts

Back