Cold cut Po-boy wrap.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Where they get off calling a stack of cold cuts a po-boy I got no clue, looks like a hoagie to me. there's not a shrimp in sight!
BUT...the quickie store called them a Po-boy, so that's what I'm calling this thing:
1 large tortilla, warm.
1 slice of baloney, cut in half.
1 slice of Salami, Cut in half.
1 slice of provolone, cut in half.
1 slice of honey ham.
Place the tortilla on a plate.
put mustard and mayonnaise on it.
lay down the meat and cheese and hit it with the blowtorch.
put shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes on it.
top with pickles.
Roll it up like a burrito!
eat up!

Everybody else calls it a sub here. LOL
I'm thinking...Gods, you know how dangerous that is! Traditional Louisiana ingredients in a wrap? Huh. Slaw and Cajun shrimp in a wrap sounds like the bomb!

Everybody else calls it a sub here. LOL
I'm thinking...Gods, you know how dangerous that is! Traditional Louisiana ingredients in a wrap? Huh. Slaw and Cajun shrimp in a wrap sounds like the bomb!

I think different parts of the USA have different names for the same thing.
Po-Boy, hoagie, grinder, sub, hero all the same thing different name.

There not the same as a Poboy.
It's not a Poboy unless it's on New Orleans style French bread.

I can't get french bread sometimes, use italian instead. It's light, airy, chewy and stands up well to small wet sandwich ingredients. Thats key, shrimp, oysters, clams, pieces of catfish are small and hard to corral on soft breads like a tortilla or white bread etc. They also get soggy and fall apart, not a good choice. Italian bread (like french) makes an excellent catfish or shrimp po'boy.

Latest posts

Back