Communication Privacy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I would like to increase my communication privacy. I have been trying to de-google my life for years. I am currently looking for a de-googled phone. Any help buying or making a de-googled phone would be appreciated. This is a place to drop any communication privacy ideas.

Any mainstream device is going to be tracked constantly. Using a VPN or an onion browser helps- but many apps have absurd permissions and I don't even trust that they don't gather info if you disable em. Running an onion browser will slow you down btw- I use brave for most stuff myself.

I like the idea of that "unplugged" phone that Eric Prince was doing, but it's expensive and I still don't trust it. But I'm not a computer nerd and I really don't know much about what I'm talking about here. Just basics... I spent the morning hitting rocks together to take that fwiw.

I would like to increase my communication privacy. I have been trying to de-google my life for years. I am currently looking for a de-googled phone. Any help buying or making a de-googled phone would be appreciated. This is a place to drop any communication privacy ideas.
This fella has a few videos with good info. This video is only about 1.5 min so I copied it, but you might look at his channel and see some of the other videos specifically on degoogling phones.

This fella has a few videos with good info. This video is only about 1.5 min so I copied it, but you might look at his channel and see some of the other videos specifically on degoogling phones.

Did you look just 3 posts above?:dunno:

Are you talking about only phone comms or other ways to erase yourself from visibility?
If you’ve ever been interviewed by a newspaper and an article was written and published, had personal or business announcements posted as a matter of public record, had a significant event for your area or involvement in a major vehicle accident, it’s kind of hard to erase or bury that kind of information.
De-googling one’s online information at this point is kind of difficult.

Are you talking about only phone comms or other ways to erase yourself from visibility?
If you’ve ever been interviewed by a newspaper and an article was written and published, had personal or business announcements posted as a matter of public record, had a significant event for your area or involvement in a major vehicle accident, it’s kind of hard to erase or bury that kind of information.
De-googling one’s online information at this point is kind of difficult.
I agree, but just because you have been wounded once doesn’t mean that you don’t try to stop the bleeding and to protect from further injury. We’re looking at a million paper cuts. We live in the information age. The more we all protect ourselves the less these jerks will make from us.

EDIT: Yes, all types of communication security.

I am not worried about my privacy.
I have none left, because all of my personal info is already on the internet.
The cow has already got out of the barn, closing the barn door now is pointless. :(
I.e. :
https://about.att.com/story/2024/addressing-data-set-released-on-dark-web.html
With respect to the balance of the data set, which includes personal information such as social security numbers, the source of the data is still being assessed.
AT&T has launched a robust investigation supported by internal and external cybersecurity experts. Based on our preliminary analysis, the data set appears to be from 2019 or earlier, impacting approximately 7.6 million current AT&T account holders and approximately 65.4 million former account holders. ... .We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility.

Last edited:
My favorite paranoid dude, Clif high found a encrypted phone. I will go glance around and see if I can get some details or a link.
i think the info is in this bitchute

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back